The Washington County Board of Developmental Disabilities will hold a regular meeting Oct. 6 at 5:15 p.m. The meeting will be held virtually. Those interested in participating are asked to contact Brenda Riffe at email@example.com.
The board members of Frontier Local Economic Development Association (FLEDA) have canceled all 2020 regular meetings and the annual meeting due to the pandemic. A schedule for 2021 will be announced in January 2021.
Relay for Life of Washington County will honor those who have battled breast cancer today from 5-9 p.m. at the Marietta Armory. Guests are asked to adhere to local and state health guidelines and requirements for distancing, masks, and sanitation as well as requests by individual businesses downtown with occupancy.
Barlow Presbyterian Church will hold a yard sale Oct. 3 from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. The church is located at the corner of Warrior Drive and Ohio 550.
Marietta Friends of the Library will host a used paperback sale Oct. 3 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. outdoors at the library annex, 615 Fifth St., Marietta. Only paperbacks will be available. Price for trade paperbacks is 75 cents each, regular paperbacks will be offered at 75 cents each or three for $1. Rain date will be Oct. 10.
The Little Muskingum Vol. Fire Dept. will hold a takeout only fish fry Oct. 4 at noon at the firehouse. All dinners will cost $10 each.
The Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce will host a Legislative Forum Oct. 7 from 4-6 p.m. via Zoom webinar, open to the public and free of charge. The Chamber is collecting questions for this event; submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Facebook page, @MariettaChamber. To RSVP, call 740-373-5176 or email email@example.com.
Macksburg United Methodist Women will hold a baked steak dinner Oct. 8 beginning at 3 p.m. The cost is $8 per dinner. Carry-out only. For more information, call 740-783-3655.
The Tunnel-Warren Chapel United Methodist Churches will provide free community meals Oct. 8 from 5-6 p.m. The menu includes chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, a dinner roll, dessert, and bottled water. Meals will be served as drive-through pick-ups in the lower parking lot; remain in your car. To reserve a meal, call ortext Amy at 740-516-0847 or respond to Tunnel UMC’s Facebook post. Tunnel UMC is located at Ohio 550 and Coffman Road.
St. Mary Catholic School will host a fish fry to-go Oct. 9 from 5-7 p.m. Meals cost $10 and include fried fish, french fries, green beans and coleslaw. Drive thru service only. Enter through Marion or Muskingum alley entrances. No call ahead orders.
The 5th Annual POUND for Pink Event for Breast Cancer Awareness Month will be held Oct. 10 from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Rockstar Wellness in Marietta. The event will include a 60 minute POUND class, refreshments, chair massages, and prizes. The cost is a donation. All proceeds benefit the Strecker Cancer Center Breast Fund.
The Russell Chadwick American Legion Post 389 Golf Scramble will be held Oct. 10 at Lakeside Golf Course in Beverly. Entry fee is $75 and includes greens and cart fees, beer, and Post steak fry. Skill prizes on every hole. Calcutta auction will be held Oct. 8 at 8 p.m. at the Beverly American Legion.
The Little Muskingum Watershed Association Annual Fall Tour originally scheduled for Oct. 10-11 has been canceled due to COVID-19.
• Wes Clarke, archaeologist at The Castle, will provide a tour of Marietta Mounds Oct. 17 from noon to 2 p.m. and from 2:30-4:30 p.m. The tour includes Conus at Mound Cemetery, the Capitolium, Quadranaou and Sacra Via. Cost is $10. Reservations are required via online registration or by calling 740-373-4180. On-site and cash payments will not be accepted. Masks are required and 6 feet social distancing is mandatory.
• Greenbrier United Methodist Church’s Annual Homecoming originally scheduled for Oct. 18 has been rescheduled for Oct. 17, 2021.
• The Pioneer Ladies Civitan Club has canceled the Style Show originally scheduled for Oct. 20 due to the current conditions. The next Style Show will be held Oct. 19, 2021.
• The Parkersburg Coin Club will host a coin show Oct. 24 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Boaz Lion’s Club, 315 Valley Manor Lane, off of Route 14; signs will be posted at the intersection. Dealers will be available to buy, sell, and trade coins and precious metals. Admission is $1 which enters attendees in hourly door prize drawings. Dealers will wear masks and observe social distancing. Attendees are asked to do the same. For more information, call Curtis at 304-580-0521 or visit parkersburgcoinclub.org.
• The annual Oliver Tucker Museum Antique Appraisal originally scheduled for Oct. 31 at Waterford Elementary School has been canceled for 2020.
• The annual Young Engineers and Scientists Days (YES Days) originally scheduled for October at Washington State Community College for 800 area seventh grade students has been postponed. The event will resume when it is safe to do so.
• The Salem Township Volunteer Fire Department has canceled the Reverse Drawing Fundraiser for October 2020 due to COVID-19.
• The Zonta Club of the Mid-Ohio Valley has canceled its Fall Unique Boutique Clothing Sale originally scheduled for November due to Coronavirus concerns. All clothing donations can be made at the Spring Sale in 2021. Those who would like to make a monetary donation to the club to help with service projects can mail checks to: Zonta Club of MOV P.O. Box 634 Marietta, OH 45750. For more information, call 740-376-9330.
• “The Digital Marietta Project” by Dr. Mathew Young is the topic of The Castle Virtual Third Thursday Talk Oct. 15 from 7-8 p.m. via Zoom Webinar. The presentation is free to the public (donations encouraged). Advance registration required. To register, visit mariettacastle.org/events, “Virtual Third Thursday Talk: The Digital Marietta Project,” and scroll down to the “Registration” link.
• The Washington County Career Center program year’s policy for free/reduced lunch for students unable to pay the full price of meals or milk served under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast is available at the high school office. For more information, call 740-373-2766 x 4012.
• Marietta Area Recycling Center is now open. New hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Access to the site will be closed off for drop off of recyclables during closed hours. For the COVID-19 protocol and more information, call 740-373-3372 or visit the Facebook page.
• Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Ohio Department of Health orders, the following Washington County Offices located at 205 Putnam Street will apply restricted hours of operation until further notice: Common Pleas Court, General and Juvenile/Probate Divisions, Clerk of Courts, Recorder, Treasurer, Auditor and Tax Map, Prosecutor, and Child Support, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sheriff – Civil Division – Courthouse Annex, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with checks conducted from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. by appointment only; Adult Parole Authority, Law Library, and Building Department are closed to the general public. Payments may be made online or by calling 740-374-4185.