• The SouthEastern Ohio Joint Solid Waste Management District Policy Committee meeting will be held at noon today at Lori’s Family Restaurant, 17020 McConnelsville Road, Caldwell.
• The Board of Directors for the Southeastern Ohio Port Authority will meet at 7:30 a.m. today at Jeremiah’s Coffee House at 175 Front St., Marietta. This meeting is open for in-person attendance. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Agenda will be provided.
• A Fort Frye Local Building and Grounds Committee Meeting will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday on the stage at Beverly Center Elementary School, 510 5th Street.
• A Lowell Village BOPA meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Sept. 27. The Lowell Village Council will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 28.
• Grandview Township will hold 2021 regular meetings at 6 p.m. the first Monday of each month at the township hall. The following months will be held on different dates: Sept. 13. These meetings will also be held at 6 p.m.
• The Marietta High School Class of 1955 will hold meetings at 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month at the Harmar Tavern, 205 Maple St. All classmates and friends welcome.
• Liberty Township will hold 2021 regular monthly meetings at 7 p.m. the second Monday of each month.
• Decatur Township will hold its monthly public meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at the township building on Welch Road in Cutler.
• Lawrence Township will meet at 7 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Little Muskingum Volunteer Fire Department.
• Ludlow Township will hold regular monthly meetings the last day of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the town hall.
• Mid-Ohio Valley Citizens Action Coalition will meet the second and fourth Mondays of each month at Freedom Gate Church, Tennis Center Road, Marietta. See the organization’s website for more information.
• The Marietta Family YMCA will host an open house from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Event includes the grand opening of a new Health and Wellness Center, free classes, open facility access, a raffle and $0 joiner fee. For more information, visit mariettaymca.org or call 740-336-1041.
• The 47th annual Sewing Smorgasbord will be held from 9:15 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. Saturday at Sheridan Middle School, Thornville, Ohio. The event will include over 30 classes and 15 exhibitors. The cost is $10 per person; no pre-registration required. For more information, visit perry.osu.edu.
• The Fearing Volunteer Fire Department September dinner will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at 1975 Stanleyville Road, Whipple. The cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Dinner includes porkchops or chicken served with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and choice of dessert.
• Beverly American Legion Post 389 will host a public steak fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Post Home, 114 Fifth Street, Beverly. The cost is $15 and includes steak, a baked potato, salad and a roll.
• Marietta First Church of the Nazarene will host a Back In School Bash for the community from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at 100 Mill Creek Road, across from Goodwill on Colegate. The event will include inflatables, games, hotdogs, popcorn, and the Kona Ice truck will serve the first 100 guests for free. For more information, call 740-373-5406.
• Artist Micaela de Vivero’s work “Oro No Es/ Gold is it Not?” will be on display through Sept. 30 in Gallery 310 and the Atrium Gallery at Marietta College’s Herman Fine Arts Center. Hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays, or by appointment. Marietta College holidays and breaks are observed.
• Marietta is the featured subject of Riverside Art Gallery at 219 Second Street for the month of October. Opening day is Oct. 1 with special extended hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. The gallery will feature Marietta artist Michael Dickinson, as well as Kate McCarthy, Robert Morris, Bruce Wonderlich and Ken Terry.
• Lowell Octoberfest will be held Oct. 2-3 at Buell Island Park. The event will include live entertainment, handicap parking, children’s games, German food and a beer garden. Free parking and admission.
• The Little Muskingum Watershed Association Annual Fall Tour originally scheduled for Oct. 9-10 has been canceled due to Covid-19.
• A benefit dinner for Laura Glover will be held from 1 to 6 p.m. Oct. 16 at the Cutler Community Building (former Cutler Elementary). The event will include a gun raffle, a quarter of a beef raffle, auctions, live bands and a country store raffle. Food available to eat in or carry out. Donations for the country store and silent auction are being accepted. For more information, call 740-667-3006.
• Tickets are on sale now for the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley’s 17th FUR BALL, to be held from 7 p.m. to midnight Oct. 23 at the Elizabeth Sugden Broughton Community Building, Ohio 821, Marietta. Tickets are $45 per person or $400 for a table for eight. The barbecue dinner will be catered by Joe Momma’s Kitchen, with music by The Bash. There will also be a country store and silent auction. Tickets can be purchased at hsov.org or by calling 304-481-6340 or 740-525-2860.
• First Congregational Church United Church of Christ (318 Front St. in Marietta) will continue its weekly free breakfast as take-out from 8:30 to 10 a.m. each Saturday. All are welcome.
• The Castle will present Cemetery Tours: Bringing Forth Those Pioneers at 10 a.m. and noon Oct. 23 beginning at Mound Cemetery, Fifth and Scammel Streets in Marietta. Follow the “Long Blue Line” from the foundation of Marietta College with stories of a few of the people who built it into one of the top institutions it is today. For more information, visit bit.ly/3xeMwo3.
• The fall session of the Marietta YMCA Youth Running Club will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Nov. 4. The Fall Back 5K will be held Nov. 7. The cost is $80; financial assistance available. For more information, call 740-336-1041 or contact email@example.com.
• The Marietta Children’s Choir will begin rehearsals at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in the Hermann Fine arts building at Marietta College. New members welcome.
• A GriefShare Program will be held at Gilman United Methodist Church from noon to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 11 in the Fellowship Hall. Each session contains a video and discussion time. A free workbook is provided. For more information or to pre-register, call Gilman UMC at 740-373-6478.
• The O’Neill Center in Marietta will host Bingo at 9:30 a.m. Thursday mornings. Doors will not open before 9:15 a.m. There is no cost at the door to play 20 games, and it is a nickel per card per game. Seating is limited; those interested in attending must call 740-373-3914.
• Hidden Marietta will host a Harmar Ghost Trek at 8 p.m. every Friday from June to October. The walking tour starts at the railroad bridge on the corner of Fort and Market Streets. For more information, visit hiddenmarietta.com.
• Hidden Marietta will host an Anchorage Mansion Tour at 6 p.m. Fridays and noon, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Saturdays. The tour includes a 1.5 hour tour and 30 minute paranormal investigation using ghost hunting equipment. The mansion is located at 424 George Street. For more information, visit hiddenmarietta.com.
• Hidden Marietta will host a Putnam Street Ghost Trek at 8 p.m. every Saturday from June to October. The walking tour begins at the Courthouse on the corner of Second and Putnam Streets. For more information, visit hiddenmarietta.com.
• The Marietta Area Recycling Center (MARC) has returned to its regular schedule of 24 hours per day 7 days a week. MARC accepts cardboard, paper, bottle glass, steel and aluminum cans and #1, 2, 4 and 5 plastic. Materials need to be sorted into designated containers. To volunteer, call Kathy Ortt at 740-373-3372. For more information, visit mariettareycling.org.
• The Children’s Toy and Doll Museum located at 206 Gilman Ave. is now open with new exhibits from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 31.