Marietta police/sheriff’s office reports
• Crystal G. Eldridge, of 416 Phillips St., reported Nov. 20 that her boyfriend had damaged her car.
• During a traffic stop Nov. 20 in the 600 block of Washington Street, it was found that driver Logan C. Venham, of 1060 Sugar Run Road, was on parole for vehicular homicide and was operating the vehicle with a suspended driver’s license. During a patdown, a gun was found. Venham resisted arrest, attempted to flee and moved his hand toward the gun. He was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, obstruction, resisting arrest, weapons under disability and multiple traffic violations, as well as parole violation.
• Joni L. Hood, of 265 Muskingum Drive, reported Nov. 20 that her laptop was stolen from her vehicle on Colegate Drive.
• On Nov. 21, an officer responded to the Armory parking lot, 228 Front St., in reference to a vehicle parked illegally in a paid parking spot. The vehicle had two parking tickets attached to the windshield and was left unlocked with a flat tire. The vehicle was towed and the owner was sent a letter.
• An officer was dispatched to 318 Harmar St. Thursday in reference to an assault. Diane Blyer said she was assaulted by her boyfriend’s sister, Mandy Hurst. Through investigation it was found the two had engaged in a mutual fight where both sustained minor injuries. Both will be summoned to Marietta Municipal Court for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a possible shoplifter on Friday. Clay F. Springer, of 211 Scammel St., Apt. 2, admitted that he took a mason jar of apple pie moonshine and left without paying. The item was returned to the store and Springer was charged with theft.
• On Friday, officers and Washington County Sheriff’s deputies went to a residence at 245 Epler Road, Lowell, as a follow-up to a rash of car break-ins on Nov. 18, including one where a pistol was stolen. Two suspects fled and one was observed removing an item from his pants and placing it behind a tree. It was learned the item was the firearm stolen from 629 Sixth St. although the serial number had been removed. Jaced L. Jeffries, 18, homeless, was charged with felony theft of a fireman and possessing a defaced firearm.
• Caroline M. Lang, of 105 Brentwood St., reported Saturday that while her vehicle was parked in the Harmar Tavern parking lot it was scratched from the front passenger door to the rear of the vehicle. From video surveillance, the suspect was identified. A summons will be requested on a charge of criminal damaging.
• Walmart reported someone trespassing and stealing merchandise on Sunday. The suspect fled. A summons is being requested.
• On Sunday, an officer was dispatched to 920 Quarry St. in reference to David Hansen, of 832 Ridge St., being at the residence, intoxicated and causing trouble. Earlier in the day, Hansen had been issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication and told to go home. He was arrested for disorderly conduct cease and desist. His blood alcohol level tested at .424 percent.
• A deputy responded to Cutler on Sunday in reference to Aaron Goins throwing a cell phone at a vehicle, causing damage, as well as breaking the phone. A summons is being requested for Aaron Christopher Goins, 46, of 1830 State Route 550, Cutler, on a charge of criminal damaging.
• Deputies responded to Lower Salem on Sunday for a report of Andrew McCarty being in the area. McCarty currently had active warrants for his arrest. Deputies arrived in the area of Hickory Street and observed a male exit a residence. He provided another name but was identified as McCarty. He then began struggling with the deputy. A struggle ensued with other deputies and McCarty in which all subjects fell from a porch, with McCarty then fleeing the area on foot. McCarty was unable to be located. A warrant was requested and issued through Marietta Municipal Court charging McCarty with resisting arrest and two counts of assault. On Monday deputies again responded to the Lower Salem area. McCarty again attempted to flee out the front door, however, was met by deputies and K9 Largo. McCarty retreated back into the residence and was placed under arrest without incident.
• On Sunday, a deputy was dispatched to the Holiday Inn Express, 970 Pike St., Marietta, in reference to Jeremy M. Phipps refusing to pay for his hotel room. Hotel personnel continued to request Phipps leave the property, however, he refused, stating people were coming to pay his bill. The deputy met with Phipps and escorted him off the property, advising him not to return. A few hours later deputies were again dispatched to the Holiday Inn Express as Phipps was back on the property. A search of Phipps and his property revealed a couple of clear crystal-like rocks, resembling crystal methamphetamine, a digital scale and $30. A field test of the crystals gave a positive indication for methamphetamine, weighing 2.43 grams. Jeremy Michael Phipps, 39, was charged with possession of drugs and criminal trespassing.
• During a traffic stop Sunday in Marietta Township driver, Gary D. Kelly, admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages after an odor of alcoholic beverages was detected on his person. Field sobriety tests were conducted, and a portable breath test was given. Gary Dale Kelly, 72, of 4600 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs. Kelly was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing where he tested .13 BAC.
• A deputy responded to Oxbow Road, Belpre, Monday for a report of a temporary protection order being violated. The victim was issued a protection order in Marietta Municipal Court on Nov. 21 against Matthew Moyers. Moyers had continued sending text messages after receipt of his copy of the protection order. Matthew Robert Moyers, 41, was placed under arrest for violating a protection order and was transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Troy Shawn Smith, 47, of 580 Groves Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jaced Lee Jeffries, 18, of 27335 State Route 7, Marietta, was arrested for theft, a felony, and unlawful transactions in weapons, a misdemeanor.
• Melissa Dawn Warrener, 38, of 330 Browns Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, and two counts of criminal damaging, all misdemeanors.
• Jeffrey Dean Worstell, 34, of 320 Browns Road, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Justin Lee Ashcraft, 43, of 130 Mills St., Waterford, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Terik M. Terrell, 25, of 8346 S. Oglesby Ave., Chicago, Ill., was arrested for obstructing and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors.
• Joseph Michael Porter, 22, of 27250 State Route 7, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, probation violation and breach of recognizance, all misdemeanors.
• Joseph Daniel Boggs, 38, of 6422 Lakewood Village Drive, Catlettsburg, Ky., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs and driving the wrong direction on the roadway, both misdemeanors.
• Joshua Allen Groves, 29, of 106 Alta St., Apt. H2, Marietta, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under the influence, .11 of 1 grams or more/but less .238 of 1 gram, no seat belt, driving under suspension, violating rules of starting/backing, and speed, all misdemeanors.
• Dontae Davon Owens, 39, of 6036 Leafridge Lane, Columbus, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
• Antonio Jamar Kelly, 27, of 1304 Pearl St., Homer, La., was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, a felony, carrying a concealed weapon, speed, and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Janet Marie Gibbs, 47, of 129 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, was arrested on a warrant for theft, a felony.
• Gary Dale Kelly, 72, of 4600 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Jeremy Michael Phipps, 39, homeless, was arrested for criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor, and possession of drugs, a felony.
• David Aaron Hansen, 41, of 832 Ridge St., Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• Matthew Robert Moyers, 41, of 401 Lancaster St., Apt. 1, Marietta, was arrested for violation of a protection order, a misdemeanor.
• Donald Gene Hendershot, Jr., 56, homeless, was arrested for no operator’s license and expired plates, both misdemeanors.
• Pamela Darlene Carpenter, 59, of 4920 Raycraft Drive, Virginia Beach, Va., was arrested for probation violation, three counts, all felonies.
• Justin Michael Grahame, 26, of 13310 State Route 550, Fleming, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Andrew Lee McCarty, 30, of 125 Hickory St., Lower Salem, was arrested for resisting arrest, two counts of assault, felonies, probation violation, escape, failure to comply, driving under suspension, obstructing official business and reckless operation, misdemeanors.
• Kirk Russell Slider, 25, of 210 Upper Fifteenmile Creek Road, Wingett Run, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.