Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• An officer was dispatched to the Comfort Inn on Nov. 6 regarding a subject taking pills. It was learned that the man, who is homeless, took some pills and then entered the lobby and told the desk clerk. He was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifter on Nov. 7. Kristine Powers, of 608 Wooster St., was arrested for theft.
• Officers were dispatched to 939 Lancaster St., on Thursday in reference to a deceased 82-year-old man. No foul play is suspected.
• Stephanie H. Dye, of 620 Eighth St., reported a stolen vehicle on Friday. She said her boyfriend had driven it to work and when he returned it was missing. It was later learned the vehicle was taken by a loan company agent.
• On Friday, it was reported that a 12-year-old girl ran from her mother’s vehicle in the 300 block of Putnam Street. After a search, she was located at the Glendale McDonald’s. It was learned that this type of behavior had been ongoing and that the Washington County Sheriff’s Office had dealt with her earlier in the day, when she refused to go to school. She is being charged with being an unruly child and has a pending appearance in Juvenile Court.
• On Saturday, an officer observed Jay M. Grayson Jr., of 228 Pike St., Apt. 5, walking intoxicated in traffic in the 300 block of Greene Street and nearly being struck by a car. Grayson was arrested for disorderly conduct by intoxication.
• IHOP, 103 Crooked Run Lane, reported Sunday a bathroom stall door being broken. The business had video of the suspect entering the restaurant at 2:30 that morning. He then vomited on the bathroom floor, destroyed the stall door hinges and left.
• Robert P. Boyce, of 300 Phillips St., reported a burglary on Sunday that had occurred overnight.
• Walmart reported a shoplifter on Sunday. Denise R. Parker, of 1613 15th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for theft of $177 in merchandise.
• An officer was dispatched to the police department Monday to investigate a domestic violence complaint. Michael L. Gray was arrested for two counts of domestic violence and one count of disrupting public communication. He is alleged to have attacked his ex-girlfriend, Shelby R. Garnes, of Parkersburg, who had gone to get her belongings. He also threatened to throw her puppy out the door and when she blocked him from the cage, he beat her and broke her phone.
• A deputy responded to Barlow Township on Nov. 6 for a report of an unruly/delinquent child. Charges for delinquency by underage drinking will be filed on the juvenile through Washington County Juvenile Court.
• A deputy responded to 171 Mill Branch Road, Belpre, on Nov. 6 in reference to an altercation. Haley Jett reported at one point Preston Archie pinned her against the kitchen counter causing her to throw food at him. Later when Archie came back to the residence they argued again with Jett throwing hot sauce at Archie. A summons for disorderly conduct will be requested for Haley Ashton Jett, 27, of 400-3 Avery Court, Parkersburg, and Preston V. Archie, 26, of 171 Mill Branch Road, Belpre.
• A deputy was dispatched to 690 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell on Nov. 6 in regard to Kurtis Walters reporting he was assaulted by Charus Leon Bennett Jr. in Lowell. Walters reportedly stopped at the residence and a verbal altercation took place with Bennett then hitting Walters in the left side of the head. Attempts to meet with Bennett were unsuccessful. A warrant was requested for Charus Leon Bennett Jr., 28, of 310 Third St., Lowell, on a charge of domestic violence. The warrant was issued and Bennett was later arrested.
• A deputy began a theft investigation on Nov. 6 regarding a Belpre Township resident’s whose ATM card had been compromised. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies were dispatched to Orchard Lane, Whipple, on Thursday in reference to cattle being out and on a neighbor’s property. This case remains under investigation.
• Representatives of Warren Water Department, 17300 State Route 550, Fleming, reported item(s) stolen from the business on Thursday. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 1700 State Route 676, Stockport, on Friday. It was reported that Braxton Arnold was intoxicated and had pushed his wife, causing her to fall and strike her head on a metal watering trough. Arnold left the area, returning a short time later beating on the door and eventually breaking out a window and entering the residence. He denied breaking the window or the altercation with his wife. Braxton Tyler Arnold, 24, of 4779 Megan Ct., Mobile, Ala., was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail. While en route to the jail, Arnold was extremely belligerent in the patrol car. He began kicking the patrol car side window numerous times, asking how many times the officer thought he could kick it before it would break. Once at the jail, Arnold continued to be belligerent and refused breath tests for processing. Arnold was also charged with attempted criminal damaging and disorderly conduct.
• Representatives of Par Mar Stores, 66 Arrowhead Road, Little Hocking, reported a 12 pack of Busch Light stolen from the business on Sunday. This case remains under investigation.
• On Monday, representatives from Clayton Homes, 57 Ayers Blvd., Belpre, reported items missing from one of the homes on the lot, to include table and chairs, love seat, chairs, and sofa. This case remains under investigation.
• On Tuesday, the dog warden requested a summons be issued for Lova J. Ankrom, 55, of 1170 Lang Farm Road, Marietta, for failing to restrain her five dogs. On Nov. 2, a complaint was received in reference to multiple dogs belonging to Ankrom running loose and in the roadway. Ankrom was advised that she needed to restrain her dogs and she stated she was putting in a fence.
• Eric Jordan Swihart, of 18 Victoria St., Parkersburg, failure to appear on a trafficking in drugs charge.
• James Michael Fox, of 27290 State Route 7, Marietta, probation violation on a theft charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Erica Theandra Kidder, 25, of 1920 Roberts Road, Amesville, was arrested for probation violation and breach of recognizance, both misdemeanors.
• Charus Leon Bennett Jr., 28, of 310 Third St., Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence, warrant, a misdemeanor.
• Warren Calvin Ritchie, 62, of 27335 State Route 7, Lot 17, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Edward Franklin Moore, 47, of 1236 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Jerry Dawayne Smith, 31, of 2265 Tick Ridge Road, Lower Salem, was arrested on a warrant from Morgan County on contempt of court, failure to appear.
• Braxton Tyler Arnold, 24, of 4779 Megan Court, Mobile, Ala., was arrested for attempted criminal damaging, domestic violence and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
• Mark Patrick Tucker, 27, of 428 Myrtil, Moundsville, W.Va., was arrested on a warrant for no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
• Andrew James Erb, 43, of 411 Fearing St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Austin William Wright, 28, of 1045 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Christopher Steven McAvena, 21, of 207 Scammel St., Marietta, was arrested on a warrant from Gallia County for breach of recognizance, a felony.