• On Thursday, a deputy began an investigation into a bad check that was passed. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to Par Mar, 17785 State Route 7, Marietta, on Thursday for a theft complaint. A male subject was observed stuffing a pair of Pug work gloves in his pants. The suspect, Mark C. Haynes, was identified and admitted to taking the gloves. An outstanding warrant was on file for Mark Christopher Haynes, 33, of 2100 Hill St., Apt. G, Belpre,on a charge of driving under suspension. Haynes was placed under arrest on the warrant and upon checking Haynes a syringe was found in his pocket, along with a marijuana pipe. Haynes was also charged with the theft, and possession of drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia.
• on Thursday, a deputy was patrolling for a vehicle which was reported to have a male subject passed out in the driver’s seat at the Miller’s AM/PM. The subject had reportedly left the parking lot going southbound on Ohio 821. The deputy made contact at the Speedway on Muskingum Drive. The operator, identified as Michael L. Paventi, claimed he was tired due to traveling all day from Youngstown. Paventi’s eyes were glassy and he appeared unsteady on his feet. Paventi was asked to perform standard field sobriety tests, which he performed with poor results. Paventi was advised he was being placed under arrest at that time. Paventi was asked if he had anything in his vehicle he should not have. Paventi stated no, however the deputy located a powdery substance, straw tube and razor blade with residue in the console. Also located was a bag of Adderall pills and several unopened Suboxone strips. Paventi stated he had prescriptions for all the Suboxone and Adderall, however the other items were not his. Michal L. Paventi, 49, of 4814 Westchester Drive, Youngstown, was placed under arrest for possession of drugs, two counts, having physical control of a vehicle while under the influence and possession of drug paraphernalia.
•A deputy responded to the Station Carryout, Joe Skinner Road, Belpre, on Saturday for a report of a male laying on the ground next to a white truck. The man, identified as Timothy Linville. was found on his back approximately 10 feet away from the roadway, between his truck and the road. An odor of an intoxicating beverage could be detected about his person. Linville admitted to consuming three to four beers and was lying on the ground looking at the stars until he felt better to drive. Timothy M. Linville, 56, of 689 Walnut Grove, Washington, W.Va., will be issued a summons for disorderly conduct.
• A deputy began an investigation Saturday into a possible protection order violation. In speaking with all parties it was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy responded to Browns Road, Marietta, on Saturday in regards to a domestic disturbance. A woman advised her boyfriend, Tyler Austin, struck her in the face and choked her after an argument. She said Austin also kicked her off the couch, then grabbed her by the neck. After conducting the investigation Tyler Patrick Austin, 25, of 970 Browns Road, Marietta, was located and placed under arrest for disrupting public service and domestic violence.
•A deputy was patrolling the area of Ohio 339 in Waterford Township on Sunday when he observed a traffic violation, left of center, numerous times. A traffic stop was conducted and contact was made with the driver, Carrie R. Ramage. The deputy detected an odor of alcoholic beverage on or about her person and asked Ramage if she had been drinking to which she stated she had consumed mixed alcoholic drinks earlier in the night in Marietta. Ramage was asked to perform some standard field sobriety test, which she performed poorly on. Carrie Renigh Ramage, 23, of 508 Fifth St., Lowell, was placed under arrest for driving under the influence and left of center.
• A deputy was dispatched to Pineview Circle, Marietta, on Sunday for a domestic violence report. An investigation began in which Paul John Foley, 36, of 103 Pineview Circle, Marietta, was placed under arrest for domestic violence.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Gregory Alan Haas, 57, of 37817 Delancey School House Road, Dexter City, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Kelly Jane Farnsworth, 31, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Joshua Don Martin, 31, of Oriana House, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Brandon Scott Longfellow, 30, of 190 Moss Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Johnathan Michael Hess, 31, of 925 Wiley St., Belpre, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.
• Tyler Patrick Austin, 25, of 970 Browns Road, Marietta, was arrested for disrupting public service, a felony, and domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• David Michael Moore, 42, of 1697 State Route 260, New Matamoras, was arrested for contempt of court, two warrants, both felonies.
• Jeremy Ray Davis, 40, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs, aggravated possession of drugs and trafficking in drugs, all felonies.
• Brandy Lee Stevenson, 45, of 2719 Parkland Drive, Orlando, Fla., was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs, aggravated possession of drugs, illegal conveyance of drugs and possessing criminal tools, all felonies.
• Carrie Renigh Ramage, 23, of 508 Fifth St., Lowell, was arrested for driving under the influence and left of center, both misdemeanors.
• Matthew Jacob Noland, 20, of 763 Glendale Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Marc Lewis Jaeger, 51, of 488 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, was arrested for driving while under the influence, a felony, and stop sign violation, a misdemeanor.
• Corey Butler Adams, 34, of 100 Putnam St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under license forfeiture, driving under 12 point suspension and turn/stop sign violations, all misdemeanor.
• Paul John Foley, 36, of 103 Pineview Circle, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Veronica Wallace Hickman, 53, of 704 Fifth St., Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.