• On Wednesday, Stephen Wayne Caltrider, 30, last known address 95 ½ S Shafer St., Apt. B, Athens, was brought to the Washington County Jai by A1 Bonds. Prior to entering the secured area, Caltrider was found to be in possession of four packages containing one strip of Belbuca. Caltrider admitted to the items being in his pocket, however, stated they were not his. A charge of possession of a control substance was filed on Caltrider.
• On Thursday, the dog warden took a report from a Barth Road resident in reference to a dog that was loose on their property. It was reported that the same dog was loose on the Wednesday and killed a Guinea bird, which was on their property. On Thursday, this same dog returned to the property and attempted to get the other Guinea bird, however, the property owner was able to capture the dog. The dog warden transported the dog to the humane society. The owner of the dog, Robert C. Johnson, 47, of 1426 Barth Road, Belpre, was found to have no current registration for the dog. A summons will be requested through Marietta Municipal Court for failure to register and failure to restrain. Restitution is requested in this case as well.
• A deputy filed charges for failure to provide a change of address Thursday on Kirkland Michael Dennewitz, 23, last known address Little Hocking. On March 16 Dennewitz was sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court to register as a T2 Child Victim Offender after pleading guilty to one count of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a fourth-degree felony. Dennewitz is to register his address with the sheriff or a designee 20 days prior or three days after a change of address. On Tuesday, a deputy was advised that Dennewitz was no longer living at the Little Hocking address, and had not lived there for approximately two weeks. Dennewitz was contacted by his parole officer and admitted to him that he was living in West Virginia. A copy of the charge was served on Dennewitz, who is currently incarcerated on a felony parole violation charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Stephen Wayne Caltrider, 30, homeless, was arrested for abusing harmful intoxicants, contempt of court, possession of drugs, all misdemeanors.
• Uriah Gregg, 21, of 9560 Crews Lane, Chesterhill, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew Gene Schafer, 40, of 10 Second St., Vincent, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Brittany Jo Ferrell, 33, of 2205 Washington Blvd., Belpre, was arrested for possession of drugs, identity fraud, trafficking in drugs, all felonies, obstructing justice, theft, and contempt (failure to appear), all misdemeanors.
• Stephanie Nicole Cremeans, 33, of 109 Eighth St., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Anibal Junior Nieves, Jr., 26, of 3550 West 128th St., Cleveland, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony.
• Justin John Statler, 21, of 402 ½ Mulberry St., Marietta, was arrested for burglary, a felony, and domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Thomas Lee Koon, 45, was arrested for two counts of aggravated menacing and direct contempt, all misdemeanors.
• Brittany Coleen Eady, 26, of 27482 State Route 7, Apt. 12, Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.