Marietta police reports
• An officer responded to Settlers Bank, 115 Third St., on May 7 for a fraud complaint. Bank employees advised that some accounts had fraudulent purchases. This case remains under investigation.
•An officer responded to 216 Phillips St. on May 8 for a report of a domestic disturbance. Zachary David Clark, of 216 Phillips St., was arrested for domestic violence against his mother.
• Officers were dispatched on Thursday to 713 Ninth St. in reference to a disturbance. It was learned that Derek Oldfield, of Marietta, was present and caused an argument. A resident there has a protection order against Oldfield. He fled the area after exposing himself to neighbors. Warrants have been requested.
• Officers responded to 913 Front St. on Thursday where a 75-year-old man was found dead of apparent natural causes.
• An officer responded to 105 Muskingum Drive on Thursday in reference to a theft. On May 1, a pistol was stolen and sometime through the night, a ladder was also taken.
• An officer was dispatched to 240 Hillcrest Drive on Thursday in reference to a report of property damage. Rebekah L. Craig reported that someone put super glue inside the key holes of her door knob and deadbolt, rendering them inoperable. This case remains under investigation.
• Marietta Memorial Hospital reported Friday that an employee was possible stealing medications from the pharmacy. The investigation is ongoing.
• Brian K. Brum, of 710 Front St., reported a theft on Friday. The investigation is ongoing.
• Officers were dispatched to a shooting at Buckeye Park, 113 Fay Ave., on Saturday. A 17-year-old West Virginia resident said he was shot in the hand by a gang he was hanging out with. Investigation revealed that he accidentally shot himself while playing with a loaded gun while waiting to meet girls in the park after posted hours of closing for the park. The juvenile will be charged through juvenile court on multiple criminal violations.
• Police responded to 713 Ninth St. on Saturday in reference to Derek Oldfield violating a protection order. He fled before police arrived. A warrant is being requested for violation of a protection order.
• An officer responded to 913 Front St. on Saturday to assist the Marietta Fire Department with a DOA. It appears that the 70-year-old man’s death was due to natural causes.
• During a traffic stop Saturday in the 100 block of Pike Street, a search of the vehicle led to the discovery of a marijuana pipe, a plastic container with residue and a grinder. Kate Danford, of 118 Pineview Circle, and Lashawn Kelley, of 908 Fourth St., Belpre, were both served minor misdemeanor citations.
• Officers responded to 713 Ninth St. Monday in reference to Derek Oldfield violating a protection order. He fled before officers arrived but was located that evening at the residence again and arrested for protection order violation, domestic violence, two counts of menacing, drug abuse instrument and possesion of drug paraphernalia and numerous charges from other cases.
• GoMart, 820 Pike St., reported a counterfeit $100 bill on Monday. The person using the bill said he received it from a store in southern West Virginia. This case remains under investigation.