Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Officers were dispatched April 24 to Speedway on Muskingum Drive in reference to a suspicious vehicle. Four juvenile occupants were identified and it was determined that the vehicle had been taken by one of the juveniles without their parent’s permission. That juvenile is being charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• Adam W. Haught, of 313 Lord St., reported a handgun stolen from his residence on April 24. He said the gun had been taken on April 22 and he also had two house guests who left that day.
• An officer was dispatched to 509 Ferguson St. on April 25 in reference to a missing juvenile. There had been eight other calls in recent months regarding him being a runaway. There was no success locating him. He will be charged with disorderly conduct.
• An officer was dispatched to 131 Riverview Drive on April 24 in reference to a domestic disturbance. This case remains under investigation.
• An officer responded to Colonial Drive on Thursday in reference to a young girl outside crying. After the investigation, Courtney L. Cuthbertson was located at 507 Cisler Drive. It was learned that Cuthbertson was under the influence of marijuana and was unaware that the 2-year-old had wandered away. She will be summoned on a charge of child endangerment.
• Officers responded to Marietta Memorial Hospital on Friday in reference to patient Chad C. Goudy, of 3402 Elm St., Parkersburg, being disorderly. Goudy had been warned earlier in the evening to not cause a disturbance at the hospital. He was arrested for persistent disorderly conduct.
• Officers were dispatched to 713 Ninth St. on Saturday in reference to Derek Oldfield violating a protection order by being inside the residence. He was found hiding behind a bathroom door and arrested.
• On Saturday, officers were participating in the DEA National Drug Take-Back at Walmart, 804 Pike St. While there, posted with a marked police car outside the pharmacy main entrance at a table, they observed John Edward Barry, 43, of Cambridge, attempting to steal $1,255 worth of merchandise by pushing the cart out the same pharmacy entrance where officers were located. In his subsequent flight Barry was forced to jettison the excess weight of the cart after half an aisle yet was still captured by an officer when he reached Cogswell Lane. Barry was taken into custody but was released as he had exacerbated a pre-existing medical condition and needed treatment. A felony warrant has been issued for his arrest when he recovers from his medical situation.
• Matthew S. Cain, of 123 W. Fourth St., Liverpool, reported Sunday that he went out to his vehicle and found it had been left unlocked and entered overnight. A handgun had been stolen.
• While executing a search warrant at 220 E. Spring St. Monday an officer recovered an electric scooter that the homeowner said he had found in his front yard a few days earlier. The scooter was transported to the police department for safekeeping.
• During a traffic stop Monday in the 100 block of Putnam Street, driver Melissa L. Haessley produced a cigarette box containing marijuana. A search of the vehicle was conducted and two aluminum paper folds, one used to smoke heroin and one possibly containing heroin, were located. Haessley was charged with possession of marijuana and marked lanes.
• Rusty D. Nolan, of Bartlett, a driver for Smitty’s pizza, reported Monday a theft that had occurred on Sunday. This case remains under investigation.
• During a traffic stop Monday, contact was made with the driver, Muhammed Hasan, and the passenger, Leann Shaffer. It was discovered that Hasan had a suspended driver’s license. K-9 Rita gave a positive indication on the vehicle. Shaffer advised that she had a marijuana bowl in the glove box. Also recovered was a glass marijuana pipe. A summons for possession of marijuana paraphernalia will be requested for Leann J. Shaffer, 35, of 5004 Stevens St., Newton Falls. A citation was issued to Muhammed A Hasan, 40, of 457 McCleery St., Sharon, Pa., for driving on a driver’s license that was suspended and turn/stop signals.
• On Tuesday, the dog warden requested a summons be issued for Stephen Parlin, of 313 Franklin St., Marietta, for failing to restrain his dogs. On Saturday, Parlin’s dog became loose from the property and went onto a neighbor’s property and attacked their dog, which was on the porch.
• On Tuesday, the dog warden requested a summons be issued to Norman Leight Murray, 67, of 515 Fourth St., Marietta, for criminal trespass. On Sunday morning, a neighbor noticed her cat’s house had been moved from the location she had placed it for an outside cat. On Saturday, the videotape revealed a male subject, identified as Murray, walking his dog on a fixed leash. Murray can be seen numerous times on the neighbor’s property. Murray also accompanied his dog onto the porch belonging to his neighbor, while the dog tried to get to the cat.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Tina Marie Curry, 52, of 220 Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, and possession of drugs, a felony.
• Eric Todd Kendall, 43, of 220 Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, possession of drugs and permitting drug abuse, both felonies.
• Dalton Lee Burt, 25, of 430 Spears Hill Road, Stockport, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Austin Wayne Bloomfield, 23, of Third Street, Lowell, was arrested for possession of drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Alyssa Leighanne Vanoster, 28, of 13000 Parkview Drive, Apt. F, Roseville, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Jordan Levi Walker, 28, of 1350 Mount Tom Road, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony, OVI, possessing drug abuse instruments, contempt of court, probation violation and contempt of court, failure to appear, misdemeanors.
• Brittany Marie Karcher, 31, of 1001 Greene St., Apt. C, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Ethan Wade Ash, 31, of 1365 Gilman Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Dustin John Nesdore, 34, of 115 Main St., Lower Salem, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.