Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Officers were dispatched to the 100 block of Maple Street on Monday in reference to a woman acting in a strange manner and wearing a shower curtain. Officers had been called twice earlier to that area in reference to Vickie Thompson walking into traffic and removing her clothing. Officers made contact with Thompson, who was intoxicated from drug use. The Marietta Fire Department was called for medical assistance. Thompson was taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital and issued a minor misdemeanor citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication.
• Marietta Middle School reported Tuesday that a student was assaulted by another student when going outside. The student suspect was suspended out of school and the parents were advised they will receive notification about when to appear in juvenile court for an assault charge.
• Officers were dispatched to 628 Eighth St. on Tuesday in reference to an elderly male passed out in front of the home. He was identified as Peter Gammon, of 620 Eighth St. Gammon advised he had been drinking too much alcohol and had passed out. He was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital and issued a minor misdemeanor citation.
• Michael P. Samuels, of 852 Greene St., reported Wednesday that his windshield had been damaged with a brick.
•On Wednesday, an officer responded to Children Services, 204 Davis Ave., in reference to a runaway juvenile. Children Services has custody of a 17-year-old male who fled the building and left in a van with an elderly couple. It was learned that the couple picked him up because they believed he had visitation with his mother.
• An officer investigated a dog attack at 1023 Third St. on Wednesday. A Rumpke employee had been attempting to get a trash can when the dog broke off his leash and attacked him. The employee received scratches to his leg. The Washington County dog warden took over the investigation.
•The Lafayette Hotel reported a man on the property who they did not want there on Wednesday. He was told to leave and not come back but instead re-entered through another door. David Witte was arrested for criminal trespass.
• Bridgeport Equipment, 15 Acme St., reported a theft of a pair of boots on Wednesday. The suspect left his phone in the store, which has been taken as evidence.
• On Wednesday, an officer met with the resident of 505 Fort St., who had recovered two ratchet straps in her backyard. The straps are being held pending any future reports of stolen property.
• On Wednesday, officers along with agents of the Major Crimes Task Force served a search warrant at 114 Sunset Drive, Marietta. Four adults and two children, ages 2 and 1, were located in the home. Officers found more than half an ounce of methamphetamine and a half gram of suspected heroin, along with syringes and scales. Jennifer Dawn Science, 46, last known address 1421 Lancaster St. Marietta, was arrested and charged with two counts of trafficking in the vicinity of a child. Agents also located a shotgun in the residence belonging to Joshua Cecil Poole, 31. Poole, of 225 E. Spring St., Marietta is under disability and was not permitted to own firearms based on previous convictions for Felony Assault and Drug Trafficking. He was charged with having weapons under disability.
• Joe Schofield, of Forshey Road, Marietta, reported Monday that Malinda Giovannelli had violated the civil protection order he has against her. Schofield is the executor of an estate that Giovannelli feels she is entitled to. Schofield supplied text messages which Giovannelli had sent to him. A warrant is being requested for Malinda M. Giovannelli, 35, of 1983 Longwell Road, Brockway, Pa., for violating the civil protection order.
• A deputy was dispatched to a speak with an individual regarding a property line dispute on Wednesday.
•Deputies responded to 425 County House Lane, Marietta, on Wednesday to attempt to serve a warrant on Jessica Stevens. Stevens was located in the residence and when asked to place her hands behind her back she told the deputies “no.” Stevens was ordered several more times by deputies to place her hands behind her back and still refused to comply. Deputies attempted to control Stevens at which time she resisted and pulled away. Stevens, 37, was eventually taken into custody and transported to the Washington County Jail, charged with resisting arrest, and the active warrants for nonsupport of dependents and driving under suspension.
• Jason Lockhart, of Lowell, reported Wednesday that a wallet was stolen from the laundromat in Lowell. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies were dispatched to the Washington County Career Center on Thursday in reference to a student having alcohol on the school property. Charges are pending.
• David Michael Moore, of 1697 State Route 260, New Matamoras, failure to appear on a child support case.
• Jamie S. Nichols, of 709 Tygart St., Parkersburg, failure to appear on a child support case.
• Hayde Marie Leek, of 63 Thornberry Hill Drive, Parkersburg, failure to appear on possessing drug abuse instruments charge.
• Chad Edward Stock, of 255 Front Drive, New Matamoras, probation violation on a theft complaint.
• Marcus Alec Turify, of 223 Greene St., #3, Marietta, breaking and entering, two warrants.
• Stephanie N. Cassady, of 1003 47th St., Vienna, probation violation on a criminal damaging charge.
• Alex J. Hall, of 323 Gilman Ave., Marietta, probation violation, on a criminal damaging charge.
• Jason L. Nugent, of 7277 Elizabethtown Road, Leitchfield, Ky., theft, two warrants.
• Michael Robert Petrocco, of 2847 Youngstown Ave., McDonald, failure to appear on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
• Carolyn Marie Spencer, of 460 Barrett South Road, Vincent, probation violation on a criminal damaging charge.
• Denine Lynn Stewart Mullins, of 1210 Hocking Road, Belpre, probation violation, on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
• Brittany Dianne Tolliver, of 50475 B. Bigley Ridge Road, Long Bottom, probation violation on a DUS charge.
• Victoria Lynn Wells, of 402 Second St., Beverly, theft by deception.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Robert Gregory Price, 47, of 112 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• David Junior Witte, 54, of 4164 Howells St., Norton, was arrested for criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
• Charles David Amore, 35, of 90 Trailer Park Rt. 2, Waverly, W.Va., was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Jennifer Dawn Science, 46, of 1333 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was arrested for two counts of trafficking in drugs, both felonies.
• Joshua Cecil Poole, 31, of 225 E. Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for having weapons under disability, a felony.
• Andrew Frederick Hinton, 40, of 627 31st St., Parkersburg, was arrested for obstructing and theft, both misdemeanors.
• Sabrina Dawn Seevers, 38, of 1801 Avery St., Parkersburg, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, drug paraphernalia, two counts, possession of drugs, and illegal use or possession of drugs, misdemeanors.
• Cheryl Renee Naylor, 26, of 12825 Harris Highway, Bellville, W.Va., was arrested for tampering with evidence, a felony, possessing drug abuse instruments, drug paraphernalia, driving under suspension and turn and stop signals, misdemeanors.