•While working at the Washington County Jail on May 8, a deputy was advised of a broken light fixture in a bathroom inside a dorm. An investigation was conducted in which Brett Summner Edwards was found to have broken the light. Edwards admitted to breaking the light upon questioning. Edwards, 29, was charged with criminal damaging.
• While working at the Washington County Jail Monday, a deputy was made aware of an assault against an inmate in the facility. Through investigation, it was determined that Derek Douglas Oldfield had assaulted the other inmate. Oldfield was observed pushing and then punching the inmate. Oldfield, 33, was charged with felonious assault.
• A deputy began an investigation regarding identity fraud on Monday. This case remains under investigation.
• On Tuesday, a deputy responded to 1420 Milner Road, Waterford, for a domestic violence complaint. Jerry Ball reported his wife, Ashley, had started a verbal altercation with him that led to Ashley pushing Jerry into the kitchen table and throwing things off of the table onto the floor. Ashley reportedly struck Jerry in the face and head with a closed fist multiple times. Ashley then left the house and continued to damage items in the garage. She denied striking Jerry and said they both fell, then said that if she did hit Jerry she didn’t remember it. While speaking with Ashley, the deputy could detect an odor of alcohol about her person and observed her eyes were glassy and bloodshot. Ashley Dawn Ball, 35, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail. A portable breathalyzer was offered to Ball at the jail with her yielding a .175 BAC.
• A deputy began an investigation Wednesday in reference to theft and assault. The victim did not wish to pursue charges in this investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Scotty Joseph Byers, 35, of 1321 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was arrested for domestic violence and interference with custody, both misdemeanors.
• Brian Eugene Skinner, 54, of 306 Bohl Drive, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Jennifer Kay Slone, 35, of 411 Pennock Drive, Apt. D1, Beverly, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Phillip Dale West, 31, of 50510 State Route 7, New Matamoras, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Ashley Dawn Ball, 35, of 1420 Milner Road, Waterford, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Christopher Lee Lutz, 36, of 1077 Crooked Run Road, Ravenswood, W.Va., was arrested for telecommunications harassment, a misdemeanor.