• An investigation by the Ohio Organized Crimes Investigations Commission, Washington Morgan Noble Major Crimes Task Force was conducted in Marietta Tuesday. Agents went to 214 Wooster St., Apt. 2, Marietta, to talk to individuals at that location. They observed Clarissa Dougherty and Janet Dawn Shaw, along with others.
While agents were speaking with Shaw she continued to reach into her pockets and purse after being asked not to do so several times. She allowed agents to search her purse and they located a syringe, digital scales and two baggies of methamphetamine (4.39 grams), one baggie of heroin, numerous empty baggies and a notebook containing a drug ledger. Shaw was advised she was going to be arrested at which time she attempted to run and a short chase ensued before she was apprehended and placed in handcuffs.
Agents advised Dougherty of information they had been receiving about drug trafficking and drug use at her residence, with Dougherty stating she had no knowledge of drug trafficking taking place and that no drugs were in her house. Agents then asked Dougherty if she would voluntarily allow the residence to be searched, to which she stated she would.
Dougherty and Agents conducted a brief walkthrough of the house at which time, a baggie of suspected drugs (methamphetamine), numerous types of drug paraphernalia (pipes) were observed in plain view. Dougherty was asked if she would allow a more thorough search of her residence, and she declined. The residence was secured until a search warrant could be obtained. When a search warrant was conducted, agents found approximately 6.43 grams of methamphetamine in a vehicle which Anthony Curry had driven to the apartment. Agents also located numerous items of drug paraphernalia, plastic baggies and digital scales in Curry’s vehicle along with the apartment shared by him and Dougherty.
Curry admitted to being involved in the trafficking of methamphetamine and to allowing Shaw to sell drugs from his apartment. Curry also admitted that he and Dougherty were daily users of methamphetamine and allowed people to come to their residence to use and/or sell drugs.
Anthony James Curry, 30, of 214 Wooster St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was placed under arrest for trafficking in methamphetamine over bulk but less than five times bulk, and permitting drug abuse, both fifth-degree felonies.
Clarissa Moira Dougherty, 24, of 214 Wooster St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was placed under arrest for permitting drug abuse, a fifth-degree felony.
Janet Dawn Shaw, 45, of 300 Phillips St., Marietta, was placed under arrest for trafficking of methamphetamine over bulk but less than five times bulk, a third-degree felony.
• Richard Lot, of Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, reported Wednesday that items had been stolen from a skid steer loader. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Janet Dawn Shaw, 45, of 300 Phillips St., Marietta, was arrested for trafficking of methamphetamine over bulk but less than five times bulk, a felony.
• Ryan Graham Matheny, 32, of 122 Kentucky Ave., Marietta, was arrested for failure to reinstate operator’s license.
• Clarissa Moira Dougherty, 24, of 214 Wooster St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for permitting drug abuse, a felony.
•Anthony James Curry, 30, of 214 Wooster St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for trafficking in methamphetamine over bulk but less than five times bulk, and permitting drug abuse, both felonies.
• Lori Ann Williams, 35, of 2396 Woodruff Road, Vincent, was arrested for two counts of theft, both misdemeanors.
• Brandy Dale Strohl, 35, of 2718 Hoop Hole Ridge Road, McConnelsville, was arrested for theft of drugs, a felony.