• On Wednesday, the dog warden filed for a summons for Russell Burkhammer, of 1023 Third St., Marietta, on a charge of failing to obtain a dangerous dog registration. On May 22, a dog belonging to Burkhammer bit an individual. The incident was unprovoked and as a result, Burkhammer’s dog was designated dangerous. Burkhammer was provided with all paperwork to contest and comply with the designation, however, failed to do so. As of July 2, Burkhammer had still had not registered his dog as dangerous nor had he complied with other requirements for housing a dangerous dog.
• A deputy began an investigation Wednesday at Sherlock Oil, State Route 60, Beverly, regarding a breaking and entering. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to a possible domestic incident in Belpre Township on Thursday. In speaking with all parties this was determined to be unfounded.
•A deputy responded to 25005 State Route 26, New Matamoras, on Thursday regarding an altercation between Jessica Bellville and Douglas Bellville. Jessica reported the two were arguing on the phone and when Douglas returned home from work he packed some items and attempted to leave. Jessica stated that Douglas had her phone and she was attempting to stop him from leaving. Douglas gave the same account of the incident.. After speaking with both parties it was determined that a summons would be requested for Douglas E. Bellville, 37, and Jessica M. Bellville, 38, for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• On Thursday, a deputy was dispatched to Main Street in Waterford in reference to a naked female running down the street yelling. The deputy observed the woman speaking with EMS personnel. She appeared to be agitated and under the influence of an unknown substance. The woman refused to give any information to assist in identifying her or where she resides. As a result, she was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail on a charge of public indecency and disorderly conduct. She was later identified as Elizabeth Riley Mockler, 23, of 1028 W. 12th St., Lorain.
• Deputies were dispatched to 419 Fifth St., Beverly, on Friday for a report of a robbery at that location. This case remains under investigation at this time.
• On Friday, a deputy was dispatched to meet with two people who were involved in an incident with a male subject who was threatening them with a gun. Alexis Felton and Justin Wolfe reported being at a residence on Rummer Roadin Marietta for a cookout and to watch fireworks for the evening. After the party was over, and all other residents went to bed, Felton and Wolfe took Jack Alvarez to his residence at 200 Rummer Road to fill up a cooler and they then returned to the other residence. Felton and Wolfe stayed in their vehicle for a little while and Alvarez showed back up at the vehicle and fired a pistol twice at the ground towards the vehicle. They further stated that Alvarez leaned into the vehicle from the rear driver side window and pointed the pistol at them. Alvarez continued to point the gun at both Felton and Wolfe stating he was going to shoot Wolfe. Both Felton and Wolfe stated that Alvarez appeared very incoherent and made numerous nonsensical statements. They stated that Alvarez then walked away into the woods and they drove to town to report the incident. Deputies were able to locate Jack Alvarez at 200 Rummer Road, covered in mud and sweat. Alvarez did not recall the incident with Wolfe and Felton but stated he may have had a gun at one point. Jack William Alvarez, 31, of 200 Rummer Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest for aggravated menacing and using weapons while intoxicated.
• A deputy was dispatched to 13228 State Route 555, Cutler, on Saturday for a report of Rodney Hill asking to have 911 called due to him believing several individuals were surrounding the house and had either broken into the residence or were about to break in. Hill had residents hide while they were calling 911. Hill then spoke with a dispatcher and advised someone pulled into the driveway and two people rang the doorbell. Hill stated he overheard a conversation about Hill having guns inside the residence. Hill continued to hear noises in and around the residence. Upon deputies arriving Hill came outside and the residence was cleared with no one found inside or around the residence that was not supposed to be there No signs of foul play were found at the residence as was suggested by Hill. Hill continued to insist there were individuals inside his residence. Hill continued to have very erratic speech during this entire incident, and at one point could be heard screaming at his grandmother, using explicit language advising her to hang up the phone. Rodney Dakota Hill, 18, was placed under arrest for making false alarms and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• A deputy responded to Lauer Road, Liberty Township on Saturday for a report of a gas well fire. The Salem Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched as well.
• Deputies were dispatched to 100 Fifth St., Beverly, on Saturday for a report of a robbery at that location. This case remains under investigation at this time.
• A deputy responded to 9261 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, on Saturday for a report of a male possibly injured with a handmade explosive. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to a possible domestic incident in Marietta Township on Sunday. In speaking with all parties this was determined to be unfounded.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Krystal Kay Carpenter, 39, of 301 ½ Locus St., Martins Ferry, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Aiden Jacob Taylor, 19, of 9466 Dalzell Road, Lower Salem, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Matthew McConnell, 49, of 176 Veto Circle, Belpre, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Rodney Heath Quimby, 48, of 702 Putnam Place, Belpre, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a felony.
• LeRoy Junior Clark, 44, of 205 Gibbons Place, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, and aggravated possession of drugs, a felony.
• Anthony Emery Tripke, 21, of 533 Fourth St., Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Sarah Louanna Julia Moreno, 25, of 818 Chestnut St., Apt. A, South Charleston, W.Va., was arrested for improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, a felony, possession of marijuana, speed and failure to use a child restraint, misdemeanors.
• Brandon Cornell Bush, 30, of 15039 Mayfield St., Detroit, Mich., was arrested for obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Brandon Christopher Solomon, 24, of 19 Amandaville Court, St. Albans, W.Va., was arrested for having weapons while under disability, a felony, and obstructing official business, a misdemeanor.
• Darian Jo Lake, 23, of 13685 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, was arrested for violating a protector order, a misdemeanor.
• Onacey Acevedo, 40, of 317 Smithson St., Dexter City, was arrested for disorderly conduct, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, no operator’s license and failure to control, all misdemeanors.
• Rodney Dakota Hill, 18, of 13228 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for making false alarms, a misdemeanor.
• Christopher Jerome Long, 19, of 3609 Main St., Lower Salem, was arrested for obstructing official business and probation violation, both misdemeanors.
• Shawn Rene Jones, 50, of 4008 Baker St., Durham, N.C., was arrested for driving under suspension and speed, both misdemeanors.
• Dreama Faye Hammack, 57, of 4382 Midway Road, Sumerco, W.Va., was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, and left of center, both misdemeanors.
• George Michael Cornell, 35, of 5850 Marra Drive, Bedford Heights, was arrested for driving under suspension and speed, both misdemeanors.