• On Saturday, Stacie Satterfield reported that her vehicle was damaged by Osten M. Hartshorn in the 100 block of Newells Run Road in Newport. Hartshorn and a friend observed Hartshorn who was fishing nearby and stopped. Hartshorn stated to Satterfield, “Do you remember when you disrespected me the other day?” and started swinging an item she believed to be a baseball bat and broke three windows out of her vehicle. Satterfield then drove away and called 911. Hartshorn was unable to be located for an interview and his current whereabouts were unknown. A warrant is being requested for Osten M. Hartshorn, 26, last known address 2015 Newells Run Road, Newport, on a charge of criminal damaging.
• A deputy responded to a complaint that occurred at 12411 County Road 9, Newport, on Monday. Steve Smith and a juvenile explained that Melissa Landis became agitated with them. Smith states Landis had a screwdriver in her hand and stated she was going to stab him with it. Landis approached Smith with the screwdriver but never made contact with him. Landis went into the bathroom where the juvenile was and placed both hands around the juvenile’s neck, and shook the child while doing this. The deputy observed red marks on the juvenile’s neck. Multiple attempts were made to contact and speak with Landis, which met with negative results. A warrant was requested and issued for Melissa Jo Landis, 41, of 12411 County Nine Road, Newport, for two counts of domestic violence.
• On Monday, deputies were dispatched to 72 High St., Vincent, for a report of Joyce Koon’s residence being entered. Koon became aware that Aaron Schultz had broken into the residence. Koon arrived home and found a door open and items on the back porch area and items displaced inside. Koon and resident Charles Schultz Sr. met with Aaron and he admitted to being in their bedroom. Aaron Douglas Schultz, 22, was placed under arrest and charged with complicity to burglary.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jarrod Raymond Losey, 42, of Glouster, was arrested for failure to reinstate operator’s license and no seatbelt, both misdemeanors.
• Travis Eugene Williams, 23, of 1750 Laural Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Melissa Jo Landis, 41, of 12411 County Nine Road, Newport, was arrested for domestic violence, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• George Lawrence Gill, 19, of 114 Hutchinson, St. Clairsville, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Sherman Michael Floyd Leasure, 18, of 924 Huges Ave., Martins Ferry, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a felony.
• Austin James Parker, 20, of 2505 22nd Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for no operator’s license and speed, both misdemeanors.
• Aaron Michael Carpenter, 27, of 4949 Elm St., Leavittsburg, was arrested for driving under influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Clayton Gene Porter, 21, of 215 Barnett Ridge Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Misty Louise Caldwell, 42, of 3465 Blue Knob Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Stephen Allen Andrew, 43, of 51 Harper Lane, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for failure to appear, a felony.