• On Monday, Elizabeth R. Mockler, was brought into the Washington County Jail for processing. Mockler was awaiting a pat-down search at which time a syringe, two small clear plastic bags and one plastic bag with a dark substance, fell to the floor. These items fell upon Mockler’s underclothing being removed. Elizabeth Riley Mockler, 23, of 1028 W. 12th St., Lorain, was charged with conveyance into a detention facility.
•Jeff’s Auto Repair, Christy Road, Fleming, reported a breaking and entering on Tuesday. Miscellaneous items of value were removed from the business. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to Park Avenue in New Matamoras on Wednesday in reference to a load of trash being left on some property. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to Muskingum River Road, Marietta, on Wednesday for a report of a suspicious person standing by a vehicle. The subject was identified as Bryan L. Maxwell, who was sweating, had glassy eyes and pupils that were pinpointed. Maxwell stated he has a rare condition in which he takes medication for the pain. A squad was dispatched to check on Maxwell, which showed him to be OK, and Maxwell refused to be transported. Maxwell was very unsteady on his feet, swaying from side to side and his speech was slow. Bryan Lee Maxwell, 35, of 112 Shamrock Drive, Marietta, was placed under arrest for physical control of a motor vehicle and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• On Thursday, a deputy began an investigation in reference to spray painting of property, along with a covered bridge in the Palmer Township area. This case remains under investigation.
• On Thursday, a deputy began an investigation in Watertown Township in reference to damaged equipment. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to the 400 block of Third Street in Marietta Thursday for a call for assistance from a deputy who had been flagged down by subjects who advised they were attacked by a subject with a knife. Kenneth R. Rogers was on a nearby porch and advised officers that he was not involved in this incident, nor was he a witness. During the investigation, Rogers came into the crime scene area and was told to stay back. Rogers continued his action by yelling at witnesses, giving the officers the middle finger, sneaking up behind officers while they were interviewing witnesses, asking to take “selfies” with the officers and blowing kisses to the female officers. Rogers continued to prevent, obstruct and delay the officers in the investigation. A summons is being requested for Rogers, 32, of 801 ½ Front St., Marietta, on a charge of obstructing official business.
• Deputies were dispatched to 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, Thursday for an incident of domestic violence. Amber Haught said her husband, Jason, grabbed her around the neck and started to choke her. Amber was eventually able to get away from Jason and he fled the residence when she said she was calling 911. There were marks viewed on Amber’s neck consistent with her account of events. Jason was located and admitted to an argument, but said it was Amber who was the primary aggressor. Jason had no explanation as to how the marks got on Amber’s neck and denied touching her. It was determined that an altercation did take place between Jason and Amber, over an Erica Kidder. During the altercation, Kidder inserted herself into the fight (unprovoked) and attacked Amber by punching her in the head and pulling her hair. This event was corroborated by a witness, along with Amber. Jason Joe Haught, 39, of 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing. A warrant is being requested for Erica Theandra Kidder, 26, of 1244 Drag Strip Road, Belpre, on a charge of assault.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• April Dawn Cecil, 47, of 122 Arvilla Road, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Sherman Lee Larrimore, Jr., 37, of 1695 State Route 260, New Matamoras, was arrested for failure to register a change of address, domestic violence e, breach of recognizance and abduction, all felonies.
• Osten Michael Hartshorn, 26, of 180 Cornerville Road, Reno, was arrested for criminal damaging and menacing, both misdemeanors.
• Shelby Jewel Scott, 31, of 221 Sheldon Ave., Marietta, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, drug paraphernalia, receiving stolen property, all misdemeanors.
• Matthew Vernon Scott, 33, of 221 Sheldon Ave., Marietta, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
• Courtney Lorraine Cuthbertson, 27, of 3453 East Neelysville Road, McConnelsville, was arrested for child endangering, a misdemeanor.