• On Aug. 30, an officer was conducting food pass at the Washington County Jail and entered a cell where Brandon Hoffert was being housed, to give Hoffert his dinner tray. Fecal matter was observed on the floor and wall of the cell. Brandon Lee Hoffert, 34, 615 E. Montgomery St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was charged with obstructing official business and harassment by an inmate.
• On Sept. 1, a deputy, along with the Devola, Fearing and Salem volunteer fire departments, responded to a house fire at 102 Michigan Ave., Marietta.
• A deputy met with Kevin Hendrickson, of 493 Barrett South Road, Vincent, on Sept. 1 regarding a stolen Honda four wheeler. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Stacy Yvette Lee, 48, of 207 Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated menacing and criminal damaging, both misdemeanors.
• Zachary Scott Brooks, 22, of 1464 Barnett Ridge Road, Belpre, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, drug paraphernalia, possessing drug abuse instruments, and driving under suspension, all misdemeanors.
• Fredrick Franklin Nutter, 36, of 150 S State Route 266, McConnelsville, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• Eddie Lee Wise, 22, of 11271 Hebron Road, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Timothy Noel McKinley, 22, of 306 Elm St., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Edward Thomas Smith, 33, of 18615 Frotyville Road, Caldwell, was arrested for theft, a felony.
• Damien Alexander Hines, 27, of 111 West Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.