• On Sept. 8, a deputy began an investigation in reference to a possible weapon handling violation. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation into a possible burglary in Muskingum Township on Sept. 8. This case remains under investigation.
• On Sept. 8, a deputy began an investigation in reference to a menacing investigation. In speaking with all parties this was determined to be unfounded.
• On Monday, a deputy assisted the Parkersburg Police Department in apprehending Noble I. Gibson III for their agency.
• A deputy responded to 10 Browns Road, Apt. 7B, Marietta, on Monday for a stolen vehicle complaint. Jeana Christy said on Sept. 8 Ashley Moore came to her residence. Christy had to leave and Moore remained at the apartment. Christy later returned and Moore was gone, along with a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. On Sept. 8, a traffic stop was conducted by the Marietta Police Department where Moore was identified as the driver of the vehicle. On Monday, the Williamstown Police Department conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and Moore was again identified as the driver. The Williamstown Police towed the vehicle due to the fictitious plates and the registered owner not being present. A warrant was requested and issued for Ashley Nichole Moore, 27, on a charge of grand theft.
• A deputy responded to Warren Township on Monday in reference to an electric meter possibly being tampered with. This case remains under investigation.
• On Monday while at the Washington County Jail, a deputy received a warrant from Mason County Magistrate Court, W.Va., for the arrest of Jeana Lee Christy, 37, of 10 Browns Road, Apt. 7B, Marietta. Christy had been brought to the jail on this active warrant. A charge of fugitive from justice was filed on Christy, along with her receiving a copy of the warrant from West Virginia.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• David Edward Powers, 38, of 11 Ninth St., Williamstown, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony.
• Dennis Ray Oakley, 38, of 330 Fourth St., Apt. B, Marietta, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, misdemeanors.
• Larry Dale Haught Jr., 39, of 565 Dodd Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for felonious assault, two counts, both felonies, aggravated menacing, two counts, resisting arrest, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle driving under suspension and reckless operation, all misdemeanors.
• Sean Michael Haverty, 28, of 147 East Lubeck Hills Drive, Washington, W.Va., was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
• Timothy Alan Reno, 30, of 676 Horse Creek Road, Seneca, Pa., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, no seat belt, and improper lane usage, all misdemeanors.