• On Saturday, Daniel Hanes came on station to report an assault by Madison Martin on Friday at his residence. Hanes said Martin came into the residence and left a child in a running vehicle parked halfway in the roadway, and engaged in a verbal argument with him and his wife. Hanes instructed Martin to leave the residence and opened the door for her. Hanes states his son, Martin’s boyfriend, attempted to escort Martin out, at which time Martin began hitting him. Hanes attempted to get Martin to stop and Martin began to hit him. A deputy is requesting a summons be issued for disorderly conduct to Daniel Joseph Hanes, 45, of 190 Moss Run Road, Marietta, and Madison Nicole Martin, 20, of 115 Jennings Hill Road, Marietta.
• A deputy was dispatched to 1683 Barnett Ridge Road, Belpre, on Saturday in regards to Joshua Schofield reporting his wife, Tracy, had bitten him. Tracy said Joshua was at her residence and the two ended up in a struggle and she fell to the floor, and Joshua pinned her to the floor. Joshua said Tracy burnt him with a cigarette, and when Joshua went to leave Tracy grabbed his arm and bit him. Due to Joshua and Tracy admitting they engaged in a physical altercation with each other, the deputy will be requesting summons through Marietta Municipal Court for Joshua A. Schofield, 30, and Tracy Jane Schofield, 30, on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• Deputies were dispatched to meet with Matthew Snyder Sunday, who reported being attacked with a sword at 309 Calder Ridge Road, Belpre. Snyder advised while at 309 Calder Ridge Road sleeping, he woke up and was looking for his girlfriend. He said he found her in Christopher Richards’ bedroom and became upset, slamming the door several times. Snyder stated later he went to retrieve his cigarettes and was met by Richards who threw a wooden board at him, which hit him in the chest and nose. Snyder advised Richards began to swing a sword at him, and struck him in the left shoulder, causing a deep laceration. Deputies then proceeded to 309 Calder Ridge Road and made contact with a female who gave the same account of activities at the residence, however, stated that Snyder chased after Richards at one point. She stated Richards had the sword in his hand when he threw the wooden board. At the time of the report, attempts to locate Richards at several residences met with negative results. A while later contact was made that Richards was again at 309 Calder Ridge Road. Deputies responded to that location and placed Richards, 19, of 1067 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, under arrest for felonious assault. Richards was transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Mason Corey Thacker, 32, of 526 South Ninth St., Apt. D, Ironton, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Johnathan Elwood Porter, 40, of 200 Brown St., Belle Valley, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, falsification, drug paraphernalia, and contempt of court, misdemeanors.
• Licole Marie Sanchez, 28, of 4695 Rockwood, Garfield Heights, was arrested for no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew Scott Johnson, 40, of 200 Pennock Drive, Beverly, was arrested for nonsupport of dependents.
• Joshua Mark Whitstine, 29, homeless, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Kenneth Eugene Johnson, 34, of 4241 Ireland Road, Coolville, was arrested for burglary, a felony.
• Dean Leroy Phillips, 41, of 404 ½ Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.