• A deputy began an investigation Sept. 16 into a domestic incident involving a juvenile. Charges were filed on the juvenile for domestic violence.
• A deputy was working the Washington County Jail on Sept. 17 when Shawn Paul Tackitt, 39, of 12115 N 1-35 SVC Road, Oklahoma City, Okla., was brought into the Washington County Jail. An active warrant was found for Tackitt out of the State of Oklahoma for probation violation. Tackitt was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
• On Sept. 17, the dog warden requested a summons be issued to Michelle Dawn Preston, 46, of 115 N. Hart St., Apt. 10, Marietta, for failing to restrain her dogs and for failing to register them. Preston had these same dogs registered in 2018 but failed to register them for 2019, stating she forgot. On Sept. 14, two of Preston’s dogs got loose from her residence and attacked a neighbor’s dog. Preston’s neighbor was walking their dog on a leash when this occurred. Preston admitted her dogs were loose when this occurred.
• A deputy responded to 1224 Drag Strip Road, Belpre, on Sept. 17 in reference to Amber Johnson reporting Kenneth Johnson came into her residence, took her cell phone and left. Amber stated that Kenneth has never lived at this address. Kenneth arrived while the deputy was on scene and returned the phone. Kenneth said he brought his children to the home and followed them inside the residence. Kenneth said he viewed messages on Amber’s phone so he took the phone to review them. Kenneth E. Johnson, 34, of 4241 Ireland Road, Coolville, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail, charged with burglary.
• On Sept. 17, a deputy met with a Marietta Township representative in reference to a utility trailer that was stolen from the Mount Tom Road location. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies responded to 16131 State Route 821, Macksburg, on Sept. 17 in reference to an active domestic violence situation between Shelly and Gary Mitchell. Shelly advised Gary left just before deputies arrived. She said she and Gary got into an argument that turned physical, in which Gary grabbed her by her chin and pushed her. Shelly said she went to stop Gary from leaving and Gary punched her in the face and then left. Neighbors nearby heard the commotion and went outside to see what was going on. The neighbors reported that Gary began yelling at them, swerving his vehicle toward them, and attempted to hit them with his open car door, yelling that he would be back because he owed them one and would get them later. A traffic stop was conducted on Gary by the Ohio State Highway Patrol. Deputies arrived to assist and upon trying to talk to Gary he was yelling and screaming obscenities. Deputies were attempting to handcuff Gary while he was forcefully pulling away not complying with their orders. After Gary was in custody he stated he was having a heart attack at which time he was taken for medical treatment, which he refused. Gary L. Mitchell, 49, was transported to the Washington County Jail and charged with domestic violence, two counts of aggravated menacing and resisting arrest.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Dacoda Thomas Wilson, 25, of 223 Greene St. Apt. 5, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Tyrone Anthony Taylor, 54, of 112 Sylvan Way, Marietta, was arrested for four counts of aggravated menacing, misdemeanors, and four counts of abduction, all felonies.
• Jason Joe Haught, 39, of 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Cheryl Renee Naylor, 27, of 201 Bell Meadow Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Justin Brian Hines, 22, of 106 Devol Drive, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, three counts, all felonies, and driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Carla Marie Brooks, 49, of 276 Ridgewood Court, Apt. A, Marietta, was arrested for burglary, a felony, criminal damaging and theft, both misdemeanors.
• Scott Matthew Armstrong, 38, of 14320 State Route 339, Waterford, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• Teri Lynn Long, 42, of 2955 Wells Road, Waterford, was arrested for no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
• Eldon Ray Pierce Jr., 43, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Tiffanie Anne Keyes, 34, of 224 Daisy Lane, Ravenswood, W.Va., was arrested for tampering with evidence and possession of drugs, both felonies, drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs, both misdemeanors.