• A deputy met with Keith and Amanda Stacy, at a business on Ohio 821, Whipple, on Sept. 22 in reference to threats made by a former employee. Keith reported that Scott Armstrong had quit the previous day. Three social media messages were sent to Keith by Armstrong that were vulgar and threatening in nature. Keith was fearful for his family as Armstrong does know where Keith lives. Scott Matthew Armstrong, 38, of 14320 State Route 339, Waterford, was located and admitted to sending the messages. He was placed under arrest for aggravated menacing and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On Sept. 22, a deputy conducted an investigation in Grandview Township in reference to a breaking and entering of a cabin. Numerous items were removed from the cabin. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 1600 Cave Hill Road, Little Hocking, on Sept. 22 to a reported domestic violence incident. Jaime Saling said Matthew Saling had left the area just minutes after she called for law enforcement. She said Matthew backed her up against an appliance, grabbing her face and shoving her glasses into the side of her nose, causing injury, and her nose to bleed. Matthew then threw Jaime to the ground and walked outside. Matthew was later located and interviewed. At that time Matthew Scott Saling, 38, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence.
• A deputy met with Keith Dean, of Ohio 7, Marietta, on Sept. 22 regarding a breaking and entering and theft at his business. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to the Par Mar Gas Station, 100 Fifth St., Beverly, on Sept. 23 in reference to a theft complaint. It was reported that a woman had a package of Bugler tobacco, however only paid for a portion of the items that she was observed picking up. She was identified as Tabatha D. Cain and admitted to taking the tobacco. The opened package of tobacco was recovered. A check of Cain’s driving status revealed she had failed to reinstate her license. Also, the vehicle Cain was operating had plates on it that belonged on a different vehicle. A summons is being requested for Tabatha Dawn Cain, 39, of 205 Third St., Beverly, for theft, failure to reinstate a license and fictitious plates.
• On Sept. 22, a dog belonging to Arlyn Munoz and James O’Brien was loose from their residence of 148 Warner St., Marietta. During the time the dog was loose, it was off the property and bit a subject that was walking along the sidewalk. O’Brien said he let the dog outside unrestrained as the dog usually stays on the property. The Pit bull was designated dangerous as a result of this incident, and O’Brien was provided with all of the paperwork, which explains this designation. O’Brien made comments regarding “dumping the dog” somewhere at which time the dog warden explained that this was not legal. The dog warden further discovered that the dog was not registered. Also, there were puppies that were around 3 months old and were not registered. O’Brien stated he had plans to keep all of the puppies. A Jack Russell mixed breed dog was on the property and also was not registered. Munoz was not present at the time, however, in a later communication with Munoz, she admitted the dogs were not registered. The dangerous dog designation was also explained to Munoz. A summons is being requested for James Freddrick O’Brien, 42, for failure to register dogs and failure to restrain, and Arlyn J Munoz, 32, for failing to register her dogs.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Cory Dwain Forshey, 27, of 815 Bender Road, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Rhonda Marie Talafhah, 52, of 6800 Baker Road, Athens, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under suspension, fictitious plates, expired plate, and possession of drugs, all misdemeanors.
• Tiffany Jean McPherson, 38, of 230 Greenbrier Circle, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Christopher Jerome Long, 20, of 309 Main St., Lower Salem, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Courtney Nichole Clayton, 26, of 314 John St., Belpre,was arrested for theft, possessing drug abuse instruments, and receiving stolen property, all misdemeanors.
• Raymond Edward Spears, 46, of 56 Bickel Mansion Drive, Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, two counts, both felonies.
• Jennifer Victoria Sample, 25, homeless,was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Melissa Dawn Warrener, 39, of 129 Muskingum Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Ashley Nichole Moore, 27, of 209 Masonic Park Road, Marietta, was arrested for theft of a motor vehicle, a felony, possessing drug abuse instruments, breach of recognizance, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, breach of recognizance and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Jeffrey Brent Hutchinson, 41, of 748 Ruble Ave., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Joshua Lynn Ballard, 30, of 613 Charles St., Apt. 13, Marietta, was arrested for no operator’s license, speed and expired plates, all misdemeanors.
• Kristina Dawn Kirkbride, 41, of 440 Wentz Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, theft, breach of recognizance, two counts drug paraphernalia, obstructing official business and possessing drug abuse instruments, all misdemeanors.
• Kenneth Elbridge Sewell, 52, of 171 Fourth St., Belpre, was arrested for vandalism and breaking and entering, two counts each, all felonies.
• Jarrett Lanny Travis Mull, 20, of 358 Newells Run Road, Newport, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.