• On Sept. 23, a dog belonging to Christopher Wolfe, of 73 Callihan Road, Marietta, ran loose from his property. Wolfe’s dog went onto a neighbor’s property and the neighbor later found two chickens had been killed. The dog warden attempted to speak with Wolfe, however was unsuccessful. The dog was not registered. A summons is being requested for Christopher P. Wolfe, 46, for failing to restrain and failing to register his dog.
• A deputy was working at the Washington County Jail on Sept. 27 when a block check was being completed and damage was observed in the shower. After conducting the investigation it was determined that Cecelia Schultz, of 749 Mary St., Belpre, would be charged with criminal damaging.
• A deputy met with Washington County Highway Department personnel on Monday who reported two generators stolen from work sites. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to 358 Newells Run Road, Newport, on Monday for a possible burglary in progress. David Dye called 911 stating his daughter just called him and said her husband, Jarrett Mull, broke into the residence, and the phone then went dead. The deputy met with Jarrett Mull, who stated that he came to the house and he and his wife were in a verbal argument on the front porch. Mull said he knocked at the door in an angry and aggressive manner and that his wife eventually unlocked the door and he “busted it open.” Madison said she told her father that Mull kicked the door in when in fact she let him in after he kicked the door. Madison Leigh Dye Mull, 19, and Jarrett L. Mull, 20, of 358 Newells Run Road, Newport, will both be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• On Monday, a Par Mar Stores employee reported fountain drinks and food items were stolen from the business. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy took a report Monday in reference to illegal conveyance of drugs into the jail, along with tampering with drugs. Mary Cathrine Schisler was changing into a jail uniform when a pill bottle was discovered in Schisler’s bra. The pill bottle was taken as evidence and the deputy noted the label on the bottle had been peeled off. Schisler who identified one pill as Xanax, and the other as Tizanidine. Schisler, 61, of 731 Sycamore St., Apt. 700A, Belpre, was arrested and incarcerated at the Washington County Jail charged with illegal conveyance of drugs and tampering with drugs.
• A deputy was dispatched to 2800 Beach Drive, Lot 10, Belpre, on Tuesday for a report of domestic violence. Brenda Bartges said her husband, William Bartges, choked her and was armed with a pocket knife, brass knuckles, and was highly intoxicated. William Edward Bartges Jr., 46, was charged with domestic violence, and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• Austina Shae McCartney, of 807 Virginia Ave., Parkersburg, failure to appear.
• Jamie Annette Barton, of Vienna, probation violation.
• Heather Lee Wagner, of 345 Sandhill Road, Marietta, probation violation on a theft charge.
• Keyshawn Gates, of 1233 Laffer Ave., Akron, assault.
• Destiny R Covey, of 115 Longacre St., Marietta, probation violation.
• Christina Marie Hower, of 304 Alpha Ave., Akron, failure to appear on a theft charge.
• Daniel L. Jones, of 4632 Bonds Creek Road, Pennsboro, W.Va., telecommunications harassment.
• James R Allen, of 631 Sixth St., New Martinsville, W.Va., failure to appear.
• David Scott Hennessee, of 605 Victoria Ave., Williamstown, probation violation.
• James R. Allen, of 631 Sixth St., New Martinsville, W.Va., breach of recognizance.
• Sheldon Dwight Hill, of 11776 State Route 550, Cutler, probation violation on a domestic violence charge.
• David Scott Wiggers, of 714 Circle Drive, Belpre, probation violation.
• April Yoho, of 17184 Muskingum River Road, Waterford, possessing drug abuse instruments.
• Zohn Joseph Dominick Kelly, of 1111 Lynn St., Parkersburg, failure to appear.
• Jaclyn J Kerns, of 1002 Cain Hill Road, Bellville, W.Va., failure to appear on possession of drugs charge.
• Derek L. Stalder, of 510 Beck Road, Lancaster, failure to appear on a theft charge.
• Jelisha Sibrehna Brown, of 304 Elm St., Belpre, failure to appear on a disorderly conduct charge.
• Cory Cox, unknown address, breaking and entering, two warrants.
• Hannah Alexis David, of 703 Silver Globe Road, Marietta, failure to appear on a failure to comply charge.
• Jericho Lee Pugh, of 23585 State Route 339, Beverly, probation violation, three warrants, on an OVI charge.
• Jeffrey Dwayne Smith, of 213 ½ Elm St., Marietta, breach of recognizance.
• Osten Michael Hartshorn, of 2015 Newells Run Road, Newport, failure to appear on a criminal damaging charge and failure to appear on an assault charge.
• Zachary Shaw, of 328 Castle Marina Drive, Greenup, Ky., failure to appear.
• Matthew Thomas Steele, of 703 Sixth St., Marietta, failure to appear on a driving under OVI suspension charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
•Reginald Terrel Sims, 28, of 124 Tennis Center Drive, Apt. 1B, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Chelsea Nichole Hayes, 28, of 470 Schau Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• William Edward Bartges, Jr., 46, of 2800 Beach Drive, Lot 10, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Delecia Dawn Davis, 46, of 22945 County Road 9, New Matamoras, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony.
• McKenzie Ann Cowman, 26, of 814 Seneca Drive, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Jeremy Ray Davis, 41, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for driving under suspension, two counts, both misdemeanors, and contempt of court, two counts, both felonies.
• Aaron Christopher Goins, Sr., 47, of 1830 State Route 550, Cutler, was arrested for probation violation, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• April Dawn Cecil, 47, of 122 Arvilla Road, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Cynthia Kay Dailey, 45, of 615 East Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Michael P. Hollingsworth, 40, of 2255 Blue Knob Hill Road, Marietta, was arrested for burglary, a felony.
• Dakota James Christopher Moore, 26, of 707 Victoria Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Danny William Casto, 64, of 2105 Rockland Ave., Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence and unlawful restraint, both misdemeanors.