• A deputy responded to 27055 State Route 7, Dollar General, Marietta, on Wednesday for a suspicious person complaint. Robert Huffman who stated he was walking around this area trying to get a ride. The staff stated he had been in the store asking customers for rides, making the customers and staff nervous. Huffman was advised that the staff did not want him around the store or back in the store and he was told to leave the area. A short while later the deputy was dispatched back to the store in reference to Huffman being at the store again. Huffman acknowledged that he was told not to return, however stated he was there to buy something. Robert J. Huffman, 38, of 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for criminal trespassing and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• During a traffic stop Thursday, driver Kyle Morris advised he had ingested his Suboxone, for which he has a prescription During the pat down, Morris admitted to having a syringe on his person that he used for drugs. A search of the vehicle revealed a small rubber container Morris admittedly used for drugs. A summons is being requested for Kyle Morris, 38, of 1233 Cisler Drive, Marietta, for possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia.
• Paul Christopher, of Barth Road, Belpre, reported a breaking and entering on Thursday. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Cory Michael Hooper, 29, of 110 Indian Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Thomas Eugene Malone Sr., 41, of 804 Wilbur St., Apt. 8, Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Michael Scott Hatch, 26, of 298 Piggott Place, Munday, W.Va. was arrested for breach of recognizance, a felony.
• Justin Allen Harris, 37,of 2837 Reynolds Run Road, Newport, was arrested for parole violation.
• Tessa Ann Blair, 27, of 1656 Louisa Ave., Apt. 2, Albany, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Jessie Lea Barnett, 32, of 1000 W. Broadway, Wellston, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Chad Russell Miller, 21, homeless, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Andrew Brooks Beaver, 37, of 331 E. Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Andrew Dustin Morgenstern, 20, of 3220 Tick Ridge Road, Lower Salem, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew Vernon Scott, 33, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.