Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Donald G. Carman, of 301 Ohio St., reported Nov. 12 that he had a cellphone stolen from his car overnight.
• On Nov. 12, an officer investigated an incident of domestic violence by a 14-year-old girl on her mother. The girl was taken to the Washington County Juvenile Center by order of the juvenile court judge.
•Officers were dispatched to 330 N. Fourth St. on Nov. 12 in reference to a man holding a knife to his forearm. Upon arrival, he had already put the knife away and was cooperative. He was taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital for a mental health evaluation.
• Officers were dispatched to 700 Pike St. on Nov. 13 in reference to a domestic violence complaint. It was found that the complaint was unfounded.
•An officer was dispatched to 1312 Lot A for a welfare check on Thursday. The homeowner was found to be deceased from natural causes.
• On Thursday, an officer responded to the 1000 block of Greene Street in reference to a man walking along the roadway confused or possibly impaired. Contact was made with an older man with a serious medical condition. The man said he was walking to Wooster, Ohio. As he wasn’t able to take care of himself, he was taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital for evaluation.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a theft on Friday. Ashley Newton, of 1350 State Route 821, was charged after being seen placing items in her purse and leaving the store.
• During a traffic stop Saturday in the 100 block of Front Street, driver Donald Wesley Keefer, of 820 B.F. Goodrich Road, was arrested for OVI and transported to the Marietta Police Department, where he punched a mirror in the bathroom. He was charged with OVI, marked lanes violation and criminal damaging/endangering.
• An officer responded to Marietta Memorial Hospital on Sunday for a trespassing complaint. It was determined that a man previously banned from the property broke a lock on a door and made entry into the hospital to visit a patient. This case remains under investigation.
• Officers responded to 101 Stonecrest Drive on Sunday in reference to a domestic disturbance. It was determined that an altercation took place between both parties. A primary aggressor was unable to be determined and a refusal of investigation was signed.
• Maralee Alkire, of 739 Glendale Road, reported Sunday that her ex-boyfriend was continuing to send her text messages after being advised not to. An officer had advised the man on Nov. 7 to cease contact with her as they were involved in a civil dispute.
• Jessica Stoke, of Huck Road, reported a possible breaking and entering on Saturday. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to the All American Car Wash, 838 Pike St., Marietta, on Monday in reference to a breaking and entering. An employee stated that Jerry Corbin had broken into a change machine, which Corbin was standing next to. The machine did appear to have been tampered with and was slightly open. Corbin admitted he had used a grinder to cut the hinges off of the machine and cut his finger when he was opening the machine. Corbin then removed quarters from the machine and threw the grinder on a roof so it wouldn’t be found. Corbin said he has worked for the car wash and had plans to pay the owner back at a later time. Jerry Lee Corbin, 54, of 6401 Lightner Ridge Road, Stockport, was placed under arrest and charged with tampering with evidence, vandalism, possessing criminal tools, breaking and entering and theft. Corbin was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• A deputy was dispatched to 1604 Michaelis Road, Marietta, on Monday for a report of Randy Joe Clevenger being at this address beating Tracy Williams. Williams advised Clevenger came to the residence and they had a verbal argument. Clevenger then picked up a potted plant from the deck and threw it down shattering the pot. Williams stated that Clevenger came into the front door of the residence where they continued to argue. A witness got in between Williams and Clevenger so he would leave her alone. Clevenger then smacked Williams on the right side of the face. Several attempts were made to locate Clevenger and they were unsuccessful. A warrant is being requested for Randy Joe Clevenger, 32, on a charge of domestic violence.
• Deputies responded to 9 Quail St., Little Hocking, on Tuesday regarding an active domestic violence situation. Contact was made with Gernon Guy Earley and his wife, Katelyn Earley. Katelyn explained Gernon had arrived home intoxicated and an argument ensued. Katelyn stated Gernon had grabbed her arm and then wrapped his arm around her neck and then shoved Katelyn down to the floor. Gernon denied any physical altercation occurred. Gernon Guy Earley Jr., 34, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail. Gernon tested .151 on the portable breath test after arriving at the jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• James Travis Hasley, 40, homeless, Marietta, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, a felony, and fugitive from justice.
• Roger Wayne Knapp, 39, of 9955 Shepherd Road, Lockbourne, was arrested for conspiracy to trafficking in drugs and illegal conveyance of drugs, both felonies.
• John William Dearing, 40, of 653 Johnson Road, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Thomas Eugene Malone, Sr., 41, of 1205 Wilbur St., Apt. 8, Parkersburg, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Jeffrey Lee Bigley, 19, of 7765 Dalzell Road, Lower Salem, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Zachary Travis Wright, 32, of 1465 Washington Garden Circle, Washington, W.Va., was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Autumn Eve Andrews, 27, of 111 Fort Square, Marietta, was arrested for driving under OVI suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Jerry Lee Corbin, 54, of 6401 Lightner Ridge Road, Stockport, was arrested for tampering with evidence, vandalism, possessing criminal tools, breaking and entering, all felonies, and theft, a misdemeanor.
• Kyle Lee Bentley, 26, of 28 E. Seventh St., Chillicothe, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Elizabeth Grace Kidd, 35, of 177 Lawn Lane, Belpre, was arrested for theft, a felony.
• Nicole Jane Dotson, 33, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.