• On Saturday, a deputy was advised of a protection order violation that occurred at 314 Fifth St., Lowell. Taylor Carpenter reported she has been receiving text messages from random numbers that she believed were from from her ex-boyfriend, Ryan Watson. Carpenter currently has a protection order against Watson, which was confirmed. On Sunday, a deputy responded to 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, and met with Watson, who stated he had tried last week to contact Carpenter about his belongings at the home, knowing this was a violation of the protection order. When advised he would be arrested, Watson Watson entered his home and attempted to shut the door behind him. The deputy followed him to a bedroom of the house where Watson shut the bedroom door between them. The deputy entered the room and attempted to take control of Watson. Watson refused to put his hands behind his back and would not move his hands or arms. The deputy attempted to deploy the Taser, at which time Watson stood up, and ran from the kitchen into another room of the home. As they struggled, Watson struck the deputy with a closed fist. Watson was eventually handcuffed with the assistance of other deputies. Ryan Scott Watson, 29, of 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing official business, assault of a peace officer and violating a protection order.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jason Joe Haught, 39, of 99 Cherry Hill Lane, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew Allen Rooney, 41, of 14350 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Candace Dawn Jones, 31, of 616 Eighth St., Marietta, was arrested for criminal damaging and no operator’s license, both misdemeanors.
• Joseph Allen Ice, 43, of 1429 Boulevard Drive, Belpre, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Linda Ann Currey, 29, of 2910 Mount Carmel Ridge Road, St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Nicole Dena Davis, 35, of 1072 Leith Run Road, New Matamoras, was arrested for loose dog, a misdemeanor.
• Tommy Edward Deel, 46, of 511 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Joshua Lynn Ballard, 30, of 200 Seventh St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs, a felony, drug paraphernalia and possession of drugs, both misdemeanors.
• Alrie Eugene McCloy III, 35, of 2406 Pennsylvania Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for obstructing official business, fictitious plates, driving under OVI suspension and traffic signal violation, all misdemeanors.
• Ryan Scott Watson, 29, of 1350 State Route 821, Marietta, was arrested for assault of a peace officer, obstructing official business, violating a protection order, all felonies, and resisting arrest, a misdemeanor.
• Brittany Nicole Cottrill, 30, of 1043 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Willie Hays Nash III, 39, of 202 South Buffalo St., St. Cadiz, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Clinton Dallas Hornbeck, 43, of 1607 Hill St., Belpre, was arrested for improper handling of a firearm, trafficking drugs, receiving stolen property, all felonies, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of drug possession, all misdemeanors.