• Charlene Anderson, of Fleming, reported suspicious activity through her bank account on Tuesday. Anderson found transactions on her account that she had not made. After completing the investigation, a deputy was able to determine that Eric Christopher Anderson, 31, of 19 Warrior Drive, Vincent, was the individual responsible for the missing card and the transactions of more than $500. A warrant was requested and issued through Marietta Municipal Court for Anderson, on a charge of theft of a credit card, a fourth-degree felony.
• A deputy responded to the Washington County Jail on Tuesday in reference to narcotics being recovered from an inmate. Nathan G. Strausbaugh, of 814 Warren St., Marietta, had been arrested by the Marietta City Police Department and brought to the county jail for processing. While inspecting the inmate’s property a plastic baggie w/crystalline substance was located inside a cigarette pack. Strausbaugh stated that he had forgotten the item was in the pack and advised it was “meth” inside the cigarette package. Strausbraugh was charged with aggravated possession of drugs.
• On Wednesday, charges of failing to restrain were filed by the dog warden against Angie D. Ward and Ricky Ward. On Monday, the Wards’ Rottweiler dog got loose from their property at 3715 Bells Run Road, Newport. The dog went onto the neighboring property. Angie D. Ward and Ricky J. Ward will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on the charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Elizabeth Riley Mockler, 23, of 1028 W. 12th St., Lorain, was arrested for theft and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Mark Everett Swaney, 53, homeless, was arrested for criminal trespass and breach of recognizance, misdemeanors, illegal conveyance of drugs and possession of drugs, both felonies.
• Mitchell Allen Parsons, 37, of 996 Dana Drive, Belpre, was arrested for driving under suspension violator compact, improper lane change and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Brian Denver Hess, 43, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, two counts, one felony and one misdemeanor.
• James Alan Miller, 37, homeless, was arrested for obstructing official business, resisting arrest and theft, all misdemeanors.
• Angie Katherine Foreman, 43, of 18800 Harl Wilerlarr Road, Caldwell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Carrie Esther Maine, 37, of 213 Holly St., Marietta, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor.
• Shelby Jewel Scott, 31, of 221 Sheldon Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.