• On Sunday, deputies and officers from the Ohio State Highway Patrol responded to 1096 Drag Strip Road, Belpre, in response to a call from Julie Cox. Cox called 911 advising her granddaughter, Destiny Miller, just called her screaming that her boyfriend, Jeremy Haynes, had a gun to her head. Little Hocking Squad was placed on standby.
Deputies made contact with Destiny Miller and Jeremy Haynes. Both Miller and Haynes initially denied any altercation taking place, but later admitted they were in a verbal argument. Haynes advised he did not have guns in the residence and gave consent for deputies to search. Deputies were unable to locate a gun in the residence after searching. Miller repeatedly denied telling her grandmother and stepmother that Haynes had a gun to her head, but eventually confessed she had made the story up. Deputies advised Miller she was going to be arrested for placing the officer’s lives in danger, at which time she attempted to evade officers and run down the hallway cursing her grandmother, saying she hoped she died for calling 911 and getting her in trouble. Destiny Rose Miller, 18, of 1096 Drag Strip Road, Belpre, was placed under arrest for obstructing official business, a fifth-degree felony, and inducing panic, a first-degree misdemeanor.
•On Thursday, Mark Swaney was brought into the Washington County Jail for processing. Swaney was met with corrections staff and was advised of the conveyance warning. Swaney stated he had no drugs or contraband. Swaney was observed reaching into his pocket several times, which later revealed a cellophane cigarette packet in his hand. This package was found to contain a crystalline substance, which Swaney admitted was methamphetamine. Mark Everett Swaney, 53, of Marietta, was charged with possession of drugs and illegal conveyance into a detention facility, both felonies.
• On Friday, Joshua Lynn Ballard was found to be in possession of a razor blade while incarcerated in the Washington County Jail. A shaving razor was received by Ballard, however, when retrieving the razors a deputy discovered the item had been tampered with and located a metallic piece of wrapper where the blade had been. A piece of the blade was found to be missing, prompting a several hour-long search by numerous officers. Ballard had used the blade to cut large strips off of his jail-issued shoes, ruining them. Ballard, 30, of 200 Seventh St., Marietta, was charged with possession of a deadly weapon, a felony, and criminal damaging.
• A deputy began an investigation Friday after Shea Towing reported a vehicle taken from their impound lot before paying the tow bill. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy an investigation at 840 Tadpole Run Road, Belpre, on Friday in reference to a theft. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to 224 Main St., Lowell, on Sunday a report of an assault. Andrea Beaver called dispatch reporting she was assaulted by Elizabeth Knox. The deputy met with both subjects and determined that both Beaver and Knox would be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct by fighting. A summons will be requested for Andrea Nicole Beaver, 33, of 1220 E. Branch Road, Lowell, and Elizabeth R. Knox, 34, of 134 Mill St., Waterford.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Justin Allen Tucker, 37, of 221 Sheldon Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Melissa Ann Hennen, 44, unknown address, was arrested for driving under suspension and expired plates, both misdemeanors.
• Cory James Noel, 22, of 255 Arends Ridge Road, Marietta, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, obstructing official business, driving under OVI suspension, probation violation and speed, all misdemeanors.
• Charles David Amore, 36, of 1206 Williamson Ave., New Matamoras, was arrested for failure to reinstate operator’s license, expired plates and failure to transfer, all misdemeanors.
• Jason R Hosom, 40, of 164 Market St., Stockport, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Destiny Rose Miller, 18, of 1096 Drag Strip Road, Belpre, was arrested for obstructing official business, a felony, and inducing panic, a misdemeanor.
• Keith Allen Drake, 33, of 3749 Bells Run Road, Newport, was arrested for aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• Stacy Yvette Lee, 49, of 207 Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Roger Shane Truax, 48, of 660 Cole Coffman Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Casey Troy Carpenter, 23, of 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.