• A deputy was patrolling I-77 near Ohio 821 on Dec. 31 when he observed a vehicle pulled over with the emergency flashers activated and stopped to check on the subjects. The deputy observed a female on the passenger side of the vehicle knelt down urinating. She was identified as Jamie R. Lehman, who had an odor of alcohol about her person. Lehman had slurred speech and was swaying while standing. Lehman agreed to complete standard field sobriety testing, to which she performed poorly on. Lehman admitted to drinking one beer when asked about her consumption. Lehman submitted to a portable breathalyzer test with the results being .085. Jamie R. Lehman, 48, of 101 Jefferson St., Zanesville, was placed under arrest for OVI and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• A deputy responded to 312 Lawton Ave., Marietta, on Dec. 31 for a report of a missing person. It was reported that Nathaniel Becker was missing. Becker’s mother reported that Becker had left a note, stating he was forced to drive someone somewhere in her vehicle. Several attempts were made to reach Becker via phone with negative results. A BOLO was issued for Becker to check his well- being. He was later reported to be home with the vehicle and had been at a hospital in Elkins, W.Va. visiting a friend. Becker further advised that he did not remember writing any note, or being threatened by anyone to leave by force. A deputy will be requesting a summons be issued to Nathaniel B. Becker, 40, on a charge of disorderly conduct.
•Deputies responded to 15790 Waterford Road, Waterford, on Dec. 28 to attempt contact and arrest of Ashley Bules and Ryan Starkey on outstanding warrants. A consent to search was obtained from the homeowner and it be was believed that Bules and Starkey were still inside the residence. The Special Response Team was dispatched due to the subjects possibly being armed and dangerous and also hiding in the attic of the residence. Deputies remained on scene for approximately three hours, searching and giving Starkey and Bules time to surrender. The sheriff’s office was assisted by the Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Beverly Police Department. Bules and Starkey were located hiding in an attic crawl space of the residence. Ashley Renee Bules, 25, of 50 Henderson Ally, Lowell, was placed under arrest for obstructing official business, along with the outstanding warrant(s). Ryan Thomas Starkey, of 12660 State Route 550, was placed under arrest for obstructing official business, violating a protection order,and the outstanding warrant(s). Bules and Starkey were transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• On Dec. 29, a deputy began an investigation into criminal trespassing in the Little Hocking area. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies were dispatched to Clayton Mobile Homes, 57 Ayers Blvd., Belpre, on Dec. 30 in reference to a break in at that location. This case remains under investigation.
• On Dec. 30, a dog belonging to Nicole Davis, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, was running loose from her residence. The dog was barking aggressively and was traveling across the roadway, and onto other people’s properties. It was reported that Davis had moved into this residence approximately one month earlier and brought two dogs with her, which she allows to run loose daily. The other dog is black and was restrained inside the residence at the time of this complaint. The dog was viewed through the window and appeared to be the age required to be registered. The dog warden will be requesting a summons be issued to Nicole D. Davis for failure to restrain and failure to register her dog.
•A deputy began an investigation on Dec. 31 into fraudulent charges on a credit card, due possibly to identity theft. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation into a stolen laptop on Thursday. This case remains under investigation.
• On Thursday, two dogs belonging to Nicole Davis, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, were running loose from her property. The dogs charged at an elderly subject as they were walking down the driveway. The dog warden will be requesting a summons for Davis on a charge of failing to restrain her dog
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Kendrick Latrent McClain, 48, of 310 Sixth St., Apt. 3, Marietta, was arrested for having weapons while under disability and illegal manufacture of drugs, both felonies.
• Adam Joseph Trus, 42, of 1408 Liberty St., Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
• Brandon Lee Loy, 23, of 368 Dearing Drive, Apt. 25880, Mt. Hope, W.Va., was arrested for aggravated possession of fentanyl, and illegal conveyance of drugs, both felonies.
• Brittany Nicole Cottrill, 30, of 1043 Gantsville Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Jerrod Douglas Anderson, 22, of 150 Camelot Road, Belpre, was arrested for OVI, driving under suspension, no seatbelt and expired plates, all misdemeanor.
• Brian Cadillac Barnett, 31, of 1007 Florence St., Belpre, was arrested for parole violation, a felony, possessing drug abuse instruments, no operator’s license, contempt of court and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• James Chadwick Hodgson, 42, of 1002 Washington Blvd., Belpre, was arrested for violating a protection order, a misdemeanor.
• Thomas Lee Doty, II, 51, of 300 Ridgewood Drive, Apt. G, Marietta, was arrested for resisting arrest, on a warrant, a misdemeanor.
• James Keith Treadway, 45, of 708 Front St., Apt. 21, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Tamika Cherie Rake, 32, of 2105 Miller Ave., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Chad Anthony Burdette, 37, of 470 Hartline Road, Whipple, was arrested for kidnapping, two counts, and domestic violence, two counts, all felonies.
• Lisa Marie Joy, 45, of 1220 E. Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Tyler James Hess, 20, of 21600 State Route 339, Beverly, was arrested for speed, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, failure to comply, illegal use of drug paraphernalia, and possession of drugs, all misdemeanors.
• Lacy Carl Hapney, 54, of 217 ½ Elm St., Belpre, was arrested for violating a protection order, a misdemeanor.