• During a traffic stop Sunday on Ohio 7 in Warren Township, the driver, Brennan Holshu, was identified, and found to have a warrant for his arrest through Washington County Juvenile Court. Holshu was placed under arrest and while searching his pockets, l a plastic piece of a pen was located, which he stated was used to smoke heroin. Brennan M. Holshu, 31, of 752 Covey Court, Belpre, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Brenda Bartges, of Beach Drive, Belpre, reported Monday that at a property at Blue Knob Road storage buildings were entered and items taken. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation Monday into a possible theft and forgery. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy was dispatched to 575 Joe Skinner Road, Belpre, on Monday for a reported drug overdose. Deputies had found Brian Edgar inside the front door of the residence unresponsive. Medical attention was given to Edgar, in which he became coherent. Edgar was transported to the Marietta Memorial Hospital for further treatment. A summons is being requested for Brian Keith Edgar, 33, of 445 Goss Fork Road, Lot 12, Whipple, for disorderly conduct by intoxication.
• A deputy began an investigation Jan. 4 in reference to a social media accounts being hacked. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Jan. 9 into a credit card that had been used by someone other than the owner. After completing the investigation a juvenile was charged with theft of the credit card.
• On Jan. 9, a warrant for the arrest of Kendrick Latrent McClain was received at the Washington County Jail from the State of Michigan on a charge of criminal sexual conduct. McClain, 48, of 310 Sixth St., Marietta, was charged with being a fugitive from justice.
• On Friday, a deputy began an investigation into three bad checks passed at Par Mar, on Ohio 821. The total for these checks was $127.75. This case remains under investigation.
•Mario Munoz, of Vickers Road, Marietta, reported Friday that items were stolen from the property. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jeremiah Earl Rutter, 23, homeless, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under suspension, failure to yield, no seatbelt, all misdemeanors, failure to comply and theft of a motor vehicle, both felonies.
• Cody Dale Smarr, 26, of 225 Stone Road, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, obstructing official business, both misdemeanors, and domestic violence, a felony.
• Dustin Ray Riley, 34, of 706 Cisler Drive, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation and possession of drugs, both felonies.
• Chrystal Michelle Taylor, 27, of 2160 Hannah Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Gregory Lee Frye, 38, of 400 Oak St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Jason Ray Wriston, 43, of 11555 State Route 821, Lower Salem, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Kenneth Ray Rogers, 32, of 801 ½ Front St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, both felonies, obstructing official business, contempt of court and assault, all misdemeanors.
• Justin Allen Harris, 37, of 153 Harmar St., Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Earl Dean Griffin, 43, of 2470 Pleasant Ridge Road, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Joseph Ethan Workman, 21, of 49522 Moore Ridge Road, Jerusalem, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a misdemeanor.
• Nicole Dena Davis, 35, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court and loose dog, both misdemeanors.
• David Joseph Gorby, 33, of 2670 Pettyville Road, Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt of court, a felony.
• Robert Edward Carpenter, Sr., 45, of 913 ½ Front St., Marietta, was arrested for criminal trespass and criminal damaging, both misdemeanors.