•A deputy responded to 28305 State Route 7, Marietta, on Jan. 16 for a report of John Jacoby being in possession of marijuana. Jacoby had left the business on foot and was located by the deputy. When asked if he had anything else in his possession he stated he had some “more stuff,” producing a bag from under his jacket, stating the bag contained “speed” which he stated meant methamphetamine. Other paraphernalia was located as well as a container with drug residue. John Edgar Jacoby, 39, of 4304 14th Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested and charged with possession of drugs, two counts, both felonies and possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors. Jacoby was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• Deputies responded to 1635 Clark Road, Cutler, on Jan. 17 in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A male and female were observed outside the home, being Joshua Welch and Ronnie Welch. Both subjects reported having arguments. Ronnie M. Welch, 29, and Joshua Ray Welch, 27, of1635 Clark Road, Cutler, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct.
• On Jan. 17, the dog warden filed for a summons through Marietta Municipal Court on Russell A. McCabe, 52, of 141 Franklin St., Marietta, for failing to obtain reasonable control of a vicious dog, failing to securely confine a dangerous dog, failing to obtain proper dangerous dog registration and failing to immediately report an incident. On May 2 McCabe’s dog was designated dangerous dog as a result of a dog bite incident on March 30 at 141 Franklin St. McCabe was ordered to comply with the dangerous dog designation and should have obtained proper registration, which he failed to do. The dog warden was unable to verify if the dog had been neutered and microchipped, which are also requirements of this designation. McCabe kept his dog confined inside his residence and used Dutch-style doors as the barrier to keep this dog confined in a room. On Jan. 16 MCabe’s dog bit a friend of his while they were visiting McCabe’s residence.
•A deputy began an investigation Saturday regarding a resident being scammed out of $3,000. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Saturday regarding a resident being scammed out of $1,9000. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Aaron Joseph Marshall, 42, of 805 Carlisle Ave., Belpre, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Kevin Markus Foley, 29, of 10084 Brunswick Ave., Cleveland, was arrested for receiving stolen property and aggravated assault, felonies, and fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor.
• Jennifer Lynn Bittner, 25, of 1700 Residential Way Apt. 203, West Palm Beach, Fla., was arrested for receiving stolen property, a felony, drug paraphernalia and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
• Christian Alan Evanoff, 24, of 249 State Route 530, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Roxanne Victoria Murphy, 21, of 4402 School House Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Allen Richardson, 32, of 168 Dawes Circle, Marietta, was arrested for endangering children, a misdemeanor, and contempt of court (Monroe County).
• Robert Otis Powers, 48, of 2006 Hackberry St., Akron, was arrested for receiving proceeds of an offense subject to forfeiture, and breach of recognizance, both felonies.
• Andrew Brooks Beaver, 38, of 331 E. Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Casey Troy Carpenter, 23, of 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Kurtis Matthew Walters, 26, of 1455 E. Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Scott Lee Carpenter, 57, of 415 ½ Third St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Justine Louise Smith, 23, of 990 Jackson Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, and failure to reinstate operator’s license, both misdemeanors.
• Kristin Lynn McGuire, 45, of 576 McGill Road, Vincent, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, and taillight/illumination of rear plates, both misdemeanors.
• Jennifer Sue Worsham, 45, of 408 Marion St., Marietta, was arrested for tampering with evidence, a felony.