• A deputy was dispatched to Hickory Groves on Ohio 339 in Vincent on Monday for a report of a crash into the business by a subject driving a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Monday in reference to possible child endangering. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Tuesday in reference to a stolen/missing firearms. This case remains under investigation.
• On Tuesday, a deputy requested a summons be issued to Bradford J. Boyer, 39, of 1567 Reese Road, Fleming, on charges of breaking and entering, theft and tampering with evidence. On Jan. 27 an individual reported that she had received unwanted and harassing text messages, discovered to be coming from a texting app. The messages contained threats of harm. The person texting also included the victim’s address and social security information, as well as photographs of some personal paperwork. These photographs suggested the subject was in the victim’s home, as well as the work location. The text messages suggested that the police should not be contacted. On Jan. 28, another text was received requesting the victim meet with a subject in Marietta and bring a specific amount of cash. The subject who called the victim was soon recognized by the victim as Bradford Boyer. Through investigation, it was determined that both the victim and Boyer were part of an elaborate scam set up by individual(s) out of the country. Further investigation revealed that Boyer had received the same type of text and was told to get information for the “scammer.” Boyer then went through different offices at the location of employment until he came upon the victim’s information, which he then retrieved to forward on to the “scammer.” Boyer also removed a credit card that was in the victim’s desk, eventually destroying the same.
• A deputy met with a school representative Tuesday in reference to a student being inappropriately touched on a school bus by an adult student. An investigation was conducted and a summons is being requested for Chad Christopher Williamson, 19, of Newport, on a charge of gross sexual imposition.
• On Wednesday, a deputy requested and received a warrant through Marietta Municipal Court for the arrest of Tristen Allen Hart, 23, for failing to register his change of address. On April 3, Hart was sentenced in Washington County Juvenile Court to register as a T-1 sex offender for a period of 10 years for the offense of rape, a first-degree felony. This sentence required Hart to register his address with the sheriff or a designee within three days of the change of address. On Jan. 25 Hart registered the address of 35 Maple St., Apt. 5, Newport. On Feb. 25 during a compliance check, it was found that Hart was not residing at the registered address. Hart has made no effort either by phone or in-person to report the change in address to the sheriff’s office as required by law.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Kenneth Elbridge Sewell, 52, of 1764 State Route 339, Belpre, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a misdemeanor, probation violation, safecracking, and breaking and entering, all felonies.
• Jesse Scott Books, 37, of 122 Harmar St., Marietta, was arrested for theft of an elderly person, a felony, breach of recognizance and theft, both misdemeanors.
• Darrell Eugene Clark, 34, of 230 E. Fay Ave., Marietta, was arrested for no seatbelt, a misdemeanor.
• Jodi Lynn Cain, 35, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Eldon Myers, 33, of 116 Dawes Circle, Marietta, was arrested for menacing, resisting arrest and drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
• Bradford Jordan Boyer, 39, of 1567 Reese Road, Fleming, was arrested for tampering with evidence, theft and breaking and entering, all felonies.
• Jordan Levi Walker, 29, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Seth Daniel Reed, 27, of 280 Reed Road, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, and possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor.
• Andrew Tyler Reed, 25, of 295 Mitchells Lane, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, possession of marijuana and open container of alcohol, both misdemeanors.