Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
•Officers responded to the Washington County Fairgrounds on March 18 in reference to a report of animal neglect. Two horses were seized and transferred to a rehabilitation service. The investigation is ongoing.
• Walmart, 804 Pike St., reported a shoplifter on March 18. Lester Bennett is being summoned into court for theft of $115 worth of items.
• Peoples Bank, 124 Gross St., reported Thursday that Robert Huffman, of 797 Channel Lane, lit his debit card on fire and was trying to put it in the ATM. Huffman was arrested for arson, criminal trespass, obstructing and resisting arrest.
• On Thursday, an officer investigated the report of a loose dog biting a man. The dog has often been found loose. Charges are pending against the owner.
• On Thursday, officers investigated an aggravated robbery that occurred in the 700 block of Front Street. A man reported meeting a woman he found advertising her services online and was led to an apartment where a man surprised him and brandished a machete, robbing him of his cash. James Treadway, of 708 Front St. Apt. 21, was arrested for aggravated robbery and Rachel Nicole Wilson, of the same address, was arrested for complicity.
• Get Go, 331 Pike St., reported an armed robbery on Thursday. The suspect fled. This case remains under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched Friday to the 100 block of Second Street in reference to criminal damaging of a fence at a repo yard. This case remains under investigation.
• An officer was dispatched to 401 Front St. on Monday in reference to a 45-year-old man found dead in a storage room. It was found that the man has been let into the storage area by a friend living at the complex so he could warm up. The friend went back two days later and found him dead. His body was sent for autopsy. Methamphetamine paraphernalia was found in his pockets.
•Officers responded to 715 ½ Fifth St. on Monday for a complaint from a neighbor about a man, later identified as Isaac Adams, of 715 1/2 Fifth St., Apt. 2, being intoxicated. Adams was also being loud, threw his belongings off the porch and pounded on the neighbor’s door, demanding alcohol. When officers arrived, he shoved an officer and kicked another. He was arrested for assaulting an officer.
• On Sunday, John Grasley was brought to the Washington County Jail . While performing a pat down of Grasley, prior to him entering the secured area, a deputy located two open packages of Buprenorphine and Naloxone strips. One package contained a crystalline substance, which Grasley stated was crushed Xanax, which he was prescribed. John J. Grasley, 33, of 104 Wyandotte Drive, Marietta, was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• A deputy responded to 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, on Monday and met with subjects at that location. It was reported that Paul Christopher was at the residence when he became agitated. Christopher was apparently angry about his guitar possibly getting damaged. Christopher began to yell and argue with the individuals and was told to leave the room. Christopher continued arguing and was told to leave the residence, but would not. Contact was made with Christopher, who was agitated and uncooperative, denying any physical altercation taking place. Based on the investigation, Paul Kenneth Christopher, 50, of 1936 Barth Road, Belpre, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct and criminal damaging.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Isaac Lee Adams, 30, of 715 ½ Fifth St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of assault, felonies, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
• Kevin Matthew Hess, 32, was arrested for contempt of court, failure to appear, a felony.
• Kyle Gregory Herwald, 32, of 65 Ridgeway Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for contempt, failure to appear, a felony.
• Jermale Michael Lewis, 32, of 553 E. Deshler Ave., Columbus, was arrested for theft, a felony.