• A deputy took a complaint at 194 Sweetapple Road, Vincent, on Feb. 25. Kelly Workman alleged her ex-husband, Kenneth Sewell, broke into her business and entered a safe and removed a water jug containing change. Video evidence revealed a male subject, identified as Kenneth. On Wednesday, a deputy made contact with Kenneth who denied involvement. Kenneth Elbridge Sewell, 52, of 721 Fourth St., Belpre, was placed under arrest for breaking and entering and safecracking. There was also an outstanding warrant from Parkersburg for the arrest of Sewell for failure to appear on a felony breaking and entering and destruction of property. He was then also charged with being a fugitive from justice from the State of West Virginia.
• On Wednesday, a deputy was assigned a warrant from the Ohio State Highway Patrol on Darrell Eugene Clark, for failure to appear. Several locations were checked and Clark was located in Beverly. Darrell Eugene Clark, 34, of 230 E. Fay Ave., Marietta was arrested on the warrant and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On Thursday, a deputy filed charges for possession of a deadly weapon on Matthew Lester Jones, 35, of 806 Front St., Marietta, a current inmate at the Washington County Jail. On Feb. 23 the deputy initiated an investigation after a block check revealed Jones with a razor blade in his hand and bleeding from the neck. Jones then took an aggressive fighting stance with his hand closed into a fist, advising the officers not to enter the block. Jones eventually was talked down and the weapon taken into evidence. A charge of possession of a deadly weapon was filed on Jones.
• A deputy into identity fraud on Thursday. This case remains under investigation.
• On Thursday, a deputy received a warrant from Wood County, W.Va., for the arrest of Christopher A. Streight for failure to appear. Christopher Allen Streight, 33, of 120 Ward St., Marietta, is a current Washington County Jail inmate. A charge of being a fugitive from justice was filed on Streight.
• Deputies were dispatched to Newport Thursday for a report of possible illegal activity. A vehicle description was given and a traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle, which had pulled into a driveway, shutting off the lights, in an attempt to hide. Contact was made with Seth Reed (driver) and Andrew Reed (passenger). An open container of beer was observed in the center console, with a red container in Andrew’s lap. The container was observed to have a green leafy substance sticking out of it. Both men exited the vehicle and Andrew had a clear baggie in his right hand. Andrew stated the baggie contained methamphetamine. Seth had a baggie in his hand, which he stated was methamphetamine. Andrew Tyler Reed, 25, of 295 Mitchells Lane, Marietta,was placed under arrest and charged with possession of drugs, possession of marijuana, and open container. Seth Daniel Reed, 27, of 280 Reed Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana. Both subjects were transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Noelle Frances Martin, 34, of 305 Third St., Lowell, was arrested for driving under suspension, no seatbelt and driving under suspension, license forfeiture, all misdemeanors.
• Tyler Allison Davis, 26, of 408 Cross St., Sarahsville, was arrested for criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
• James Brindo, 41, of 1205 Wilbur St., Apt. 9, Parkersburg, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Everette Raymond Stevens, Jr., 52, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Ryan Edward Carpenter, 24, of 209 Virginia St., Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, two counts, both felonies.
• Robert Jonathan Huffman, 39, of 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for criminal trespass and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
• Eric Christopher Anderson, 31, of 23 Cherry St., Vincent, was arrested for misuse of credit cards, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• Curtis Walter Benson, 58, of 560 Bender Road, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Charles Lynn Michel, 49, of 2185 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Daniel William Ferguson, 32, of 404 Scammel St., Marietta, was arrested for intoxicated pedestrian, a misdemeanor.
• Zachariah Wayne Beardsley, 33, of 715 Barclay St., Lot 36, Belpre, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Richard Ray Young, 34, of 2071 Cave Hill Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for breaking and entering, and theft from a disabled adult, both felonies.