• A deputy responded to Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, on Sunday in reference to a complaint. It was reported that Mikeal Hypes was harassing an ex-girlfriend. It was also reported that Hypes was on his way to Parkersburg to find her. Hypes showed up at locations where the woman was, as well as following her to her residence. Hypes continued to the residence, yelling and honking at her. Hypes also was calling her names, stating he was going to burn the house down. A warrant was requested and issued for Mikeal J. Hypes, 27, of 2277 Crickmer Road, Danese, W.Va., on a charge of aggravated menacing.
• A deputy began an investigation Monday into stolen license plates. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began a stolen vehicle investigation Tuesday at 145 Vickers Road, Marietta. Toby Venham stated his truck was at the home the night before and was gone in the morning. Venham said the only suspect he would have would be Michelle Frame, who has stolen from him before and he didn’t report it. Shortly thereafter the deputy was notified that a Parkersburg Police Department Officer had Frame and the vehicle detained on an unrelated matter. A warrant was requested and received for Michelle Marie Frame, 24, for grand theft of a motor vehicle. Frame is currently in custody in West Virginia on an unrelated matter with Parkersburg Police Department.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Steven Lee Sealey, 41, of 1660 Sealey Ridge Road, Vincent, was arrested for driving under suspension and fictitious plates, both misdemeanors.
• Tina Marie Curry Kendall, 53, homeless, was arrested for illegal conveyance of drugs of abuse, possession of drugs and tampering with evidence, all felonies.
• Justin Lee Phelps, 30, of 11280 State Route 821, Lower Salem, was arrested for having weapons while under disability, a felony.
• Brandon Lee Hoffert, 35, of 187 Masonic Drive, Apt. 10, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Dwayne Scott Singer, 28, of 2050 Roberts Road, Amesville, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.