Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
•On May, 13 officers began an investigation into a possible sex crime involving a juvenile.
• John H. Parsons reported on May 13 that his property at 605 Pearl St. had been entered multiple times.
• On Thursday, officers began an investigation into a possible sex crime that occurred in 2019.
• Connie F. Minosky, of 825 Third St., reported Thursday that a dryer was taken from an open garage in an alleyway. Cameras captured the suspects. Dwight Keith Masters Jr., of 626 Eighth St. and Kathleen Jeanette Hubbard, of 1308 Williamson Ave., Apt. 5C, New Matamoras, were arrested for theft and criminal trespass.
• Helen K. Williams, of 109 Wildwood Drive, reported Friday that two of her credit cards had been used to purchase about $800 worth of items. This case remains under investigation.
• On Friday, officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Ferguson Street in reference to John Ralston, homeless, having run away from the emergency room of Marietta Memorial Hospital after being brought in by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office. He was found in the woods nearby and charged with obstructing official police business and resisting arrest.
• An officer was dispatched Friday to a disturbance at 836 Pike St., Apt. 8. It was discovered that Corey Kelly, of 321 Mount Vernon B, Newark, had been shot. He was transported to Marietta Memorial Hospital where he was treated and released. This investigation is ongoing.
•On Saturday, an officer investigated a false fire alarm at Marietta Memorial Hospital.
•Deputies responded to 1410 Barth Road, Belpre, on Saturday for a report of Paul Christopher discharging a firearm in the presence of Dillon Davis. Davis reported was riding a motorcycle behind Christopher’s house when he heard a gunshot. Davis stopped the bike and observed Christopher near the residence with a long gun, yelling for him to get off the property. Davis immediately left and went home. A witness heard a gunshot and saw Christopher walking back to his residence with a shotgun-type firearm and heard him yelling at Davis. Christopher denied having a gun or shooting one on this date. Christopher did admit to telling Davis to get off his property and not to come back, and grabbing a stick and trying to wreck Davis while he rode by on his bike. Deputies also located a spent shotgun shell on the ground at the residence, however, Christopher refused to let deputies search his residence for weapons. Deputies obtained a search warrant for the residence and located a Glenfield 22 caliber long rifle, H & R 12 ga. shotgun, along with unspent 12 ga. slugs matching the casings found outside the residence. Due to a previous conviction for weapons under disability, Paul Kenneth Christopher, 50, of 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, was placed under arrest and charged with weapons under disability and aggravated menacing. Christopher was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
•A deputy responded to the Pit Stop, 3355 State Route 821, Marietta, on Saturday regarding a woman who was allegedly passed out in a vehicle. Witnesses at the store attempted to wake her up to no avail. Devola Volunteer Fire Department Squad was on scene and checking her for any medical issues. The woman, identified as Sarah Buckley, said she drank four to six Budweisers earlier. Buckley stated she was feeling tired and pulled over. A strong odor of an alcoholic beverage was detected, and her vehicle was not parked correctly in the parking space she was in. Buckley performed poorly on the tests she was asked to perform. Buckley agreed to the PBT and tested .188 percent BAC. Sarah Christen Buckley, 46, of 4791 Waterford Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with OVI physical control. Buckley was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• Deputies responded to 775 Swift Road, Waterford, on Saturday to a domestic dispute complaint. Kirsti Day reported her boyfriend, Anthony Long, had pushed her and taken the house keys. Long stated Day was in his face yelling at him so he pushed her away from him and he began walking away. While he was walking down Swift Road to Sparling Road, Long stated Day was in her car following him and yelling out the window. Long stated when she went past him he threw a rock at the back glass. A deputy Kristi L Day, 40, and Anthony Allen Long, 25, citations for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• A deputy was patrolling the area of Ohio 7/US 50 on Monday when he observed a subject loading plants into a vehicle on Dragstrip Road. The vehicle was stopped on Dragstrip near the Reynolds Landscaping business. The deputy made a traffic stop on the vehicle near the entrance of Kraton and met with Austin Barnhart. In plain view and hanging out of the windows of the vehicle were numerous plants. The passenger identified himself as Colby Caldwell, which was found to be false, and he was identified as Corey J. Woolum. Numerous other deputies assisted at the scene. Additional plants were located in the trunk of the vehicle, along with two Stihl leaf blowers, a gas hedge trimmer and a hammer drill. The owner of Reynolds Landscaping identified these items as belonging to the business. The total value of stolen items from Reynolds was listed at approximately $1,081. Austin Michael Dante Barnhart, 22, of 2610 Braun Road, Belpre, was placed under arrest and charged with theft and complicity. Corey Jo Woolum, 31, of 7 Slater Lane, The Plains, was placed under arrest and charged with contempt of court, breaking and entering and theft. Both Barnhart and Woolum were transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Corey Jo Woolum, 31, of 42 Ohio Ave., The Plains, was arrested for aggravated burglary, contempt of court, and theft, all felonies.
• Austin Michel Dante Barnhart, 22, of 2610 Braun Road, Belpre, was arrested for theft and complicity, both felonies.
• Mark Allen Bennett, 30, of 1455 E. Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Brandon Lamont Addison, 23, of 417 Pineville Road, Donaldson, S.C., was arrested for failure to comply, a felony, driving under suspension, improper lane usage and left of center, misdemeanors.
• Joshua Lee Williams, 39, of 570 High St., Macksburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Shawn Wythe Omeara, was arrested for contempt of court, fugitive from justice, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, stop light and obstructing official business, all misdemeanors.
• Richard Noel Yoho, 37, of 38922 State Route 26, Graysville, was arrested for no operator’s license, a misdemeanor.
• Nancy Michelle Amos, 66, of 697 Green St., Newport, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Casey Troy Carpenter, 24, of 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell, was arrested for theft and probation violation, both misdemeanors.