• A deputy was dispatched to 384 Patten Mills Road, Cutler, on Wednesday for a report of a subject with a gun. Samantha Sampson reported Aaron Goins Sr. sent a text message telling her to get the kids out of the house and that he was coming over. Sampson stated Goins came to her residence and approached Sampson with a gun, put the gun in her hand, then pointed the gun at himself, telling her to pull the trigger. Sampson stated she did not and he kept yelling and screaming at her. Sampson eventually pulled the trigger after being yelled at and screamed at numerous times. The gun only clicked because the gun was not loaded. Goins then left the residence and Sampson also left for fear of Goins returning. Deputies located Goins at a residence on Patten Mills Road. Goins said he had a BB gun, which he threw in the woods after he left the residence. Aaron Christopher Goins Sr., 48, last known address 9800 Going Lane, Amesville, was placed under arrest and charged with aggravated menacing. Goins was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
•A deputy responded to Lawrence Township on Wednesday in reference to a hunting cabin being entered. Numerous items to include tools and household items were reported missing. This case remains under investigation.
•On Wednesday, a deputy investigated a dog biting incident. This case remains under investigation.
•On Wednesday, Ella Newlon, of Briggs Hill Road, Belpre, reported a John Deere riding mower removed from her property. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to 9160 Veto Road, Belpre, on Wednesday for a report of a four-wheeler wreck. Logan Grimm had reportedly wrecked a four-wheeler with children riding on it. Grimm stated he did not have the children wear helmets while riding. Grimm advised he knew the age restrictions on these vehicles. The children were transported for medical treatment for injuries sustained. A charge of child endangering is being filed on Logan Wesley Grimm, 32, of Belpre.
•A deputy responded to the Par Mar Store, 26960 State Route 7, Marietta, on Friday for a report from the Ohio State Highway Patrol of a possible impaired driver at the location. One occupant, Debra L. Sampson, was found to have a suspected license, as well as the vehicle license, expired in 2018. Sampson admitted to driving the vehicle from her residence to the store and knew the plates were wrong on the vehicle. Debra Lee Sampson, 26, of 27317 State Route 7, Apt. A, Marietta, was issued a citation for driving under suspension and fictitious plates.
• A deputy was dispatched to 1308 Williamson Ave., Apt.7F, New Matamoras, on Friday. Jennifer McKnight reported James Ridgeway kicked her front door in and then fled. McKnight stated she heard a commotion downstairs and found Ridgeway at her front door. McKnight stated the door was locked and she had no plans of letting him in. Ridgeway yelled at McKnight to let him in, and after being told he was not welcome there, he began counting and then kicked in the front door. Ridgeway continued through the home asking “where is he” referring to a significant other. Once Ridgeway had searched the whole residence and did not locate anyone he left the home and fled in his vehicle. Damage to the door was observed with damage to the door frame as well. A warrant for the arrest of James Harvey Ridgeway, 55, of 32420 Hopewell Ridge Road, Wingett Run, was requested and issued on a charge of burglary and criminal damaging.
•A deputy was dispatched Saturday to the Dollar General, Lowell, for a report of a male shoplifting from the store. This case remains under investigation.
• Derek Andrew Hill, 29, of 260 Huck Road, Lowell, was arrested for failure to register a change of address, a felony.
• Susanne Rebekah Carpenter, 33, of 216 Harmar St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Eva Marie Carpenter, 29, homeless, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
•Cheyann Nichole Martinez, 31, of 80 Railroad St., Whipple, was arrested for no operator’s license, theft, both misdemeanors, attempted murder and two counts of theft, both felonies.
• John Robert Ralston, 50, homeless, was arrested for resisting arrest and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
• Ashley Dawn Parsons, 37, of 609 N. Chestnut St., Barnsville, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Anthony James Curry, 31, of 554 Curry Road, Waterford, was arrested for aggravated trafficking in drugs and permitting drug abuse, both felonies.
• Raymond Floyd Goodwin, II, 26, of 26935 State Route 7, Apt. 2B, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, receiving stolen property, and breach of recognizance, all felonies.
• Sarah Christen Buckley, 46, of 4791 Waterford Road, Waterford, was arrested for having physical control of a vehicle while under the influence, a misdemeanor.
• Willard Ray Mugrage, 59, of 220 Third St., Marietta, was arrested for OVI, a misdemeanor.
• Paul Kenneth Christopher, 50, of 1756 Barth Road, Belpre, was arrested for having weapons while under disability, a felony, and aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor.
• Tyler James Hess, 20, of 21600 State Route 339, Beverly, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Sunshine Louise Farnsworth, 35, of 136 Franklin St., Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.