Marietta police/sheriff’s reports
• Craig A. Nichols, of 325 S. Seventh St., reported June 9 unauthorized debits from a bank account.
•On June 9, officers responded to 209 Scammel St. in reference to an unresponsive male. The Marietta Fire Department was administering treatment. He was given Narcan and taken to Marietta Memorial Hospital.
• During a traffic stop June 10 in the 500 block of Pike Street, the driver, Ty Alexander Hall, of 709 Gomber Ave., Cambridge, had an active warrant for his arrest for failure to appear. While being processed into the Washington County Jail, eight hits of suspected LSD were located in his cell phone case. The item will be sent for testing and charges are pending.
• Officers were dispatched to 125 Ward St. on June 10 in reference to an altercation taking place. It was found that Matthew Scott Johnson, of 200 Pennock Drive, Beverly, and Michael Lee Roax, of 2146 Sandhill Road, were taunting each other when Roax struck Johnson in the head with a cane. He was placed under arrest for assault. Johnson was also later charged with disorderly conduct by fighting.
•An officer investigated reported misuse of a credit card at Walmart, 804 Pike St., on Thursday.
•Adam D. Cowgill, of 105 Leland Ave., reported Thursday that a person known to him used his identity when stopped by police out of state. An officer assisted another agency with a report of identity fraud.
•On Friday, an officer conducted a welfare check on Third Street for a 58-year-old man who was found to be deceased.
•On Saturday, an officer encountered a group of people in the roadway in the 200 block of Greene Street as well as a large crowd on the sidewalk in front of the Locker Room Bar. There were two men down in the roadway, unconscious with facial injuries. One man was transported to the hospital with significant injuries.
•During a traffic stop Sunday in the 400 block of Pike Street, a used meth pipe was observed in plain view. A search of the vehicle revealed suspected methamphetamine, scales and other drug paraphernalia. Charged are pending after lab results are returned.
• Kimberly S. Grubb, of Thornville, reported the theft of a handgun from a vehicle parked in the 900 block of Washington Street Sunday.
•Ronald W. Warren, of 412 Washington St., reported the theft of a work uniform and equipment from a vehicle in the 400 block of Washington Street Sunday.
•An officer investigated a shoplifting complaint Sunday at Walmart, 804 Pike St. Two women will have a summons requested for theft.
• Brenton Cole, of 3529 Wells Road, Waterford, reported Monday that red roofing materials were stolen from the parking lot at 130 N. Seventh St.
•An officer responded to 224 Franklin St. on Monday in reference to a breaking and entering that occurred between June 9 and Saturday.
•Derek S. Steward, of 209 Scammel St., reported Monday that his vehicle toolbox was entered and tools were stolen while it was parked overnight in the 200 block of Scammel Street.
•Deputies began an investigation June 8 into the misuse of credits. This case remains under investigation.
•James Corder, of Ohio 821, Macksburg, reported June 8 that his Chevy K3500 and car hauler trailer were missing from the residence. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy was dispatched to 1472 Braun Road, Belpre, on June 8 in reference to a man reporting Jennifer Forshey Ezell was drunk and trying to fight him. Jennifer was slurring her words and using profanity directed at officers and the victim. After completing the investigation Jennifer R. Forshey Ezell, 37, was placed under arrest for domestic violence. Ezell was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• On June 8, a deputy began an investigation into a missing firearm from a vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
•Richard Earley, of New Matamoras, reported June 9 that a 16′ trailer was missing from his property. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation June 9 into a stolen semi and motor. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation June 9 into a stolen Remington shotgun. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy responded to 9085 State Route 550, Vincent, on June 10 in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A 911 caller advised Amy Staats had assaulted a man at the residence. The victim said Staats took his phone, then grabbed him by the ears, shook his head and struck him in the mouth. Amy Alain McFee-Staats, 46, of 1716 Elizabeth St., Apt. B, Belpre, was charged with domestic violence transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
• A deputy began an investigation Thursday into a possible stolen vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
• On Thursday, Tiffini M. O’Malley, of 101 Evans St., Apt.6, New Matamoras reported her son, Brennan O’Malley, was calling her cell phone while incarcerated in the Washington County Jail. Tiffini showed her call log to the deputy as well as a voicemail. Brennan M. O’Malley, 27, of 101 Evans St., Apt. A6, New Matamoras, was charged with violation of a protection order. O’Malley was served a copy of his charges at the Washington County Jail.
• On Friday, a deputy requested a warrant be issued for the arrest of Brandon Michael Hall on a charge of failure to verify his current address. In 2008, Hall was classified by the court as a sexually-oriented offender. Hall’s classification requires he verify his address in person by a specific date to the sheriff’s office. Hall was due to report in May 2020, and was mailed a reminder letter. Hall’s registered address was listed as 163 Ross Road, Little Hocking, however on May 19, information was received that Hall had not lived at that location for several weeks. On May 21 a deputy attempted to locate Hall at a Way Road address in Belpre, however was advised he had not been at that location for two months. A warrant was requested and issued for the arrest of Hall, 35, through Marietta Municipal Court.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Melissa Ann Cottrill, 33, of 417 ½ N. Unionville Road, McConnelsville, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Derek Eugene Boice, 33, of 489 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for failure to reinstate operator’s license, and failure to yield, both misdemeanors.