• On May 30, deputies assisted the Beverly Police Department with a possible assault complaint.
• A deputy was dispatched to 331 Hill Road, Cutler, on May 31 for a call where Jeremy O’Brien had assaulted a woman. O’Brien had left in a vehicle with a child without a child seat. The woman went to pick up her child from O’Brien. O’Brien at some point punched her in the face and told her to leave his property. The deputy observed O’Brien’s truck parked at a store. Jeremy Eugene O’Brien, 35, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
•A deputy began an investigation into a financial scam on June 4. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 25 St. Andrews Blvd. , Belpre, on June 4 for a report of Randal Bettinger taking a child without permission. Bettinger was told the previous evening to leave the residence by deputies after causing a scene. The residents locked the doors and went to bed. Subjects stated that a message was received from Bettinger stating she was “worthless” and that he, Bettinger, had taken the child. Bettinger stated he had found the child walking down the street. A deputy was able to locate the child at Bettinger’s residence, 2509 Valley View Drive, Belpre. The deputy was advised by another individual that Bettinger had stated he found the child walking down the road and brought the child to the home, and then he, Bettinger, then left. Bettinger arrived a short time later and stated when he went to check on his child he could see the child standing in the living room window, and it appeared that no one was watching the child. Bettinger stated he knocked as well as blowing his horn in his vehicle, but no one came out. Bettinger then stated he went into the home and “grabbed” the child, leaving the residence without speaking with anyone. Randal Bettinger did not have permission to enter the home and was not welcome due to the problems that occurred the night before. Randal Eric Bettinger, 21, of 2509 Valley View Drive, Belpre, was placed under arrest and charged with burglary and abduction and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On June 4, a deputy met with David Wiggers, of 35 Ridgewood Blvd., Belpre, in reference to stolen property. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to 1255 Cornerville Road, Marietta, on June 6 in reference to Christopher Currier reporting Makayla L. Wright was inside his residence bagging up items when he arrived home. The deputy met with Currier and a witness who observed Wright enter the residence and carry things out of the residence. Wright was later interviewed and placed under arrest for burglary. Makayla Lynn Wright, 23, of 1045 Sandhill Road, Apt. 32, Marietta, was later processed into the Washington County Jail.
•A deputy responded to 425 County House Lane, Marietta, on June 7 for a report of James Rhodes striking a woman in the face. James Dennis Rhodes, 44, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail on a charge of domestic violence.
• A deputy was dispatched to 309 Longacre St., Marietta, on June 7 where the Reno Volunteer Fire Department EMS was already on scene. The EMS were attending to an unresponsive female in a vehicle. The female, Samantha J. Brooks, appeared to be very agitated with the EMS. Brooks would not hold a conversation with the EMS, and appeared to be “passing out” several times. A deputy placed Samantha Jean Brooks, 37, of 205 Third St., Lot 5, Beverly, under arrest for possession of a controlled substance.
• On June 7, a deputy began an investigation into an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle incident. This case remains under investigation.
•Deputies responded to 130 Cemetery Drive, New Matamoras, on June 8 in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A woman stated her son, Joshua Gore, chased her into the home and threatened to beat her up. Gore was located in the home and was pacing back and forth and putting on multiple items of clothing. Joshua Leroy Gore, 32, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.
•A deputy responded to 1308 Williamson Ave., New Matamoras, on June 8 for a report that James Ridgeway came to the residence against a protection order. Ridgeway entered through a back door uninvited in which the victim demanded he leave, which he refused. Ridgeway stated that he would harm her if she called law enforcement. Ridgeway then left the residence. The deputy was again dispatched to the home due to Ridgeway being outside beating on the door. James H. Ridgeway was located and placed under arrest for violation of a protection order and burglary.
•A deputy responded to Gates Green Apartments on Friday for a report of Iesha McFadden being on the property after a trespassing order was made in 2018. A summons will be requested for Iesha R. McFadden, 24, of 180 Main St., Marietta, for criminal trespass.
•While on duty at the Washington County Jail on Saturday a deputy noted that Jennifer Renea Forshey, a current inmate, was on a video visit with the protected person from her protection order. Forshey was found to have made more than 10 calls to the protected person since being served. Forshey, 38, of 1472 Braun Road, Belpre, was charged with violating a protection order.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Claude David Allen, 28, of 3666 State Route 93, Ironton, was arrested for parole violation and possession of drugs, both felonies.
• Lora Lynn Salomon, 45, of 109 Maple St., Apt. 3, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Stephen Michael Six, 52, of 1209 Cisler Drive, Marietta, was arrested for driving under license suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Ronald Dean Welch, Jr., 50, homeless, was arrested for nonsupport of dependents.
• Matthew Ronald Foraker, 36, of 1003 Campus Drive, Belpre, was arrested for probation, a misdemeanor.
• Crystal Renee Larrison, 37, homeless, was arrested for breach of recognizance, possession of drugs, drug paraphernalia, possession of drug abuse instruments, possession of drugs, all felonies, and probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Brooks Harper, 38, of 615 10th St., Marietta, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Joseph Allen Sunderman, 43, of 808 Dewy Ave., St. Marys, W.Va., was arrested for breach of recognizance, theft, probation violation, and driving under suspension, all misdemeanors.
• Michael Ray Tabor, 44, of 7375 Dalzell Road, Lower Salem, was arrested for sexual battery, a felony.
• James Dennis Rhodes, 44, of 425 County House Lane, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Clark Evan Westbrook, 33, of 128 19th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for theft from a disabled adult, a felony.