•A deputy began an investigation Tuesday into a stolen/unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation Tuesday into a counterfeit bill being passed at a business in Washington County. This case remains under investigation.
•On Tuesday, charges of assault were filed at the Washington County Jail on Casey Troy Carpenter, 24, of 970 Dixon Ridge Road, Lowell. On June 14, a corrections officer advised that inmate Michael Farnsworth had a fresh black eye. Farnsworth was questioned about the eye, however he did not want to implicate anyone. Through investigation it was revealed that Farnsworth was assaulted on June 13 when Carpenter threw several punches at him. Carpenter was served with a copy of the charges.
• During a traffic stop Tuesday at Gilman Avenue and Putnam Street the driver, Matthew Ryan Warden, 49, of 1375 Cole Run Road, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
•A deputy was dispatched to 43000 State Route 7 on Wednesday to a report of a motor vehicle theft. Benjamin Turner’s 1992 Chevy truck was taken from his carport. Turner stated on this date Justin Brown arrived at his residence, and was near his vehicle on the carport. A deputy was notified that Wood County Sheriff’s Office in Parkersburg observed the vehicle on I-77 and upon attempting a traffic stop the occupant fled the vehicle and attempted to get into another truck, driven by Amy Brown. Both Justin and Amy were apprehended by the sheriff’s office. Amy Dawn Brown, 41, last known address 393 Hudkins Road, Summerville, W.Va., is being charged with three counts of complicity in Washington County. Justin Lee Brown, 31, last known address 393 Hudkins Road, Summerville, W.Va., was arrested in West Virginia for three warrants and having weapons while under disability. Brown is being charged in Washington County with theft of a motor vehicle, breaking and entering and possession of criminal tools. Warrants were requested for both Amy and Justin Brown.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Stanley Edward Bowers, 41, of 1954 Seventh St., Parkersburg, was arrested for aggravated possession of drugs, a felony.
• Ross Lester Phillips III, 33, of 331 Main St., Lower Salem, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Aaron J. Mathew Huseman, 32, of 90 Railroad St., Whipple, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Tyler James Wittenbrook, 19, of 128 Harmar St., Marietta, was arrested for alcohol under the age of 21, a misdemeanor.
• Nicholas Dean Brooks II, 37, of 611 ½ Wayne St., Marietta, was arrested for criminal trespass, a misdemeanor.
• Zachary Scott Brooks, 23, of 1464 Barnett Ridge Road, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• William Roscoe Sayles, III, 61, of 1341 Brandywine Place Apt. 315, Zanesville, was arrested for fugitive from justice, a felony.
• Kalee Marie Krawczyk Leja, 20, of 211 Rummer Road, Apt. A, Marietta, was arrested for loose dog, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Lee Strickler, 41, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested for two counts of domestic violence, both misdemeanors, and abduction, a felony.