•On Monday, the dog warden requested a summons be issued to Iris R. Beckford, 40, of 103 Woodcrest Lane, Marietta,, on a charge of failing to keep a dog under reasonable control. A Great Pyrenese dog belonging to Beckford was tied in the yard. The dog broke its cable, got loose and attacked a juvenile, biting them at least twice before the owner was able to gain control of the dog.
•A deputy responded to 807 Mitchell Ave., Apt. 24, Beverly, on Tuesday in reference to man reporting his wife, Heather Rex, throwing a dish at him and previously threatening him. Heather D. Rex, 35, was placed under arrest and charged with domestic violence. Rex was transported to the Washington County Jail.
•A deputy responded to 309 Calder Ridge Road, Belpre, on Tuesday for a domestic disturbance. A man reported that his former girlfriend, Molli Shutts, refused to leave his residence when she was picking up their child. He said he told her to leave at least 10 times, but still she refused, continuing to argue about their relationship issues, and throwing a fast food drink at him. He stated he had thrown a drink back at her, which escalated to her attacking him. He said Shutts was shoving him and he began to defend himself, as he believed Shutts was trying to cause him physical harm. Shutts denied being the aggressor, however admitted to refusing to leave. Molli Uldena Shutts, 22, of 745 Tuttle St., Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• On Tuesday, a deputy was on Ohio 7 near the 5-mile marker when he observed a blue Toyota with no visible rear license plate. A traffic stop was initiated the driver, Kiana Brooks, said the vehicle was newly purchased and the license plate was on the backseat, which was confirmed. The deputy detected the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle and asked Brooks if there was anything illegal inside the vehicle, which she denied. When asked about the marijuana smell Brooks produced a baggie from her purse with marijuana plant product inside. Brooks gave a consent to search and the deputy located a plastic baggie with a crystal substance residue inside. When asked about this substance Brooks stated it was not hers. A second baggie with crystal substance residue was found along with a plastic “straw” with white residue inside. Other items were located inside the vehicle which were confiscated. Kian Skye Brooks, 23, of 1009 Racine Ave., Columbus, was charged with possession of drugs and illegal possession of drug paraphernalia, and transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jennifer Kae Mosser, 40, of 1005 Goose Run Road, Marietta, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Erica Jean Wall, 40, of 706 Cisler Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, two counts, both felonies.
• Kenton Ryan Barker, 22, of 615 17th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, unauthorized use of vehicle and no operator’s license, both misdemeanors.
• Molli Uldena Shutts, 22, of 745 Tuttle St., Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Kian Skye Brooks, 23, of 1009 Racine Ave., Columbus, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, and illegal possession of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
• Benjamin Levi Zartman, 27, of 629 Second St., Marietta, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Kenton Ryan Barker, 22, of 615 17th St., Parkersburg, was arrested for possession of drugs, a felony, and unauthorized use of a vehicle, a misdemeanor.