• A deputy began an investigation June 30 in Liberty Township into fraudulent activity on an individual’s account. This case remains under investigation.
•Jacob Mace, of 18001 State Route 676, Marietta, reported June 30 the theft of his trailer, which was recovered in West Virginia but with missing rims. This theft occurred in Belpre Township. This case remains under investigation.
•On Wednesday, Tina Barcelli, of 111 Williams St., Marietta, reported a cell phone stolen by her son, Benjamin Zartman. Barcelli stated he was walking toward Marietta. Zartman was located and initially gave a false name, and couldn’t remember his Social Security number or birthday. Zartman was in possession of two cell phones. Benjamin Levi Zartman, 27, of 111 Williams St., Marietta, was arrested and charged with theft. Zartman was transported to the Washington County Jail.
•Sheila Gore, of 130 Cemetery Drive, New Matamoras, reported Thursday that her son, Joshua, had stolen $60 in cash from her. Joshua Leroy Gore, 32, was placed under arrest for theft and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
•A deputy met with Ronald and Anthony Hill on Thursday regarding items that were removed from their property. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy began an investigation Thursday into damage at a residence to a screen door overnight. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy responded to the 400 block of Cross Road, Belpre, on Thursday for a loose dog complaint. Multiple neighbors reported a white Pitbull dog loose in the area. The dog barked and growled at people in the area, however did not attack anyone and did not seem overly aggressive. The dog was found to belong to Nathan W. Davis, 33, of 417 Cross Road. A deputy met with Davis who stated he had taken a family member somewhere and while he was gone another family member was at the residence. Davis stated he was contacted by them, advising the dog got loose and that the sheriff’s office had been called. Davis stated he returned home, and advised the family member accidentally did not secure the back door and the white Pitbull escaped from the home. He was able to get the dog back secured shortly thereafter. A summons is being requested for Davis for failure to restrain.
•A deputy began an investigation Thursday in Wesley Township regarding a hunting cabin that had been entered and items taken.
• A deputy began an investigation Thursday in the area of Ohio 26, Marietta, where individuals were breaking mailboxes off of posts. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation Friday into a subject hacking an individual’s social media account(s). This case remains under investigation.
•On Saturday, a deputy was dispatched to 6466 Germantown Road, Lower Salem, to a report by Jerrie Rastorfer calling 911 four times, stating she had been assaulted and that the subject threatened to shoot her/himself. The deputy was advised that the individual only threatened harm to get Rastorfer to have sympathy. Rastorfer admitted to drinking and did appear intoxicated. A summons is being requested through Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of disorderly conduct for Jerrie Rastorfer.
•Deputies responded to the area of 4875 Waterford Road, Marietta, on Sunday to meet with a woman who stated she was in an argument with Bruce Southerland, in reference to their dog. She stated they were in a camper and Southerland kicked in the door, which struck her in the leg. Southerland was also throwing items at her. Southerland reported the argument regarding their canine, but initially denied any physical activity. Further conversation revealed Southerland admitting he had kicked the shower/bathroom door open, as well as throwing items in the camper. Bruce Albert Southerland, Jr., 50, of 284 S. Warren Ave., Columbus, was arrested for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
•A deputy was dispatched to 343 Barrett South Road, Vincent, on Sunday for a report from a woman stating her boyfriend, Matthew Queen, had pushed her in the face. She said Queen jumped in her face and bit her lip. She stated that Queen then pushed and grabbed her face with his hand and pushed her down on the chair. Matthew Lee Queen, 34, of 208 Scammel St., Marietta, was arrested for assault and transported to the Washington County Jail.
•A deputy was dispatched to 106 Meadowcrest Lane, Belpre, on Sunday after a woman reported her husband, James E. Venham, slapped her on the head and pinned her against the ground, and would not let her leave. She stated this occurred for approximately an hour at which time James fled the scene in a vehicle. A warrant for the arrest of James E. Venham, 41, of 2310 Norris Ave., Belpre, for aggravated menacing and domestic violence was requested through Marietta Municipal Court and issued.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Alec Lee Davis, 22, of 210 Jefferson Square, Marietta, was arrested for public indecency, two counts, and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
• Joshua Dean Sprague, 40, of 101 West Montgomery St., Marietta, was arrested for two counts of no operator’s license, expired plate, stop light violation, breach of recognizance, fictitious plates, all misdemeanors.
• Joshua Leroy Gore, 32, of 130 Cemetary Drive, New Matamoras, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.
• Alexander Thomas Trefz, 32, of 77 C North Dry Run Road, Williamstown, was arrested for possession of marijuana, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, disorderly conduct, drug paraphernalia, obstructing official business, speed, failure to comply, driving while under the influence of alcohol, no seatbelt, all misdemeanors, tampering with evidence and possession of drugs, both felonies.
• Jeffrey Lee Bigley, 19, of 820 E. Eighth St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
•Jordan Ross Dieffenbach, 23, of 1366 Elizabeth Court, Kent, was arrested for rape of a victim less than 13 years of age, a felony.
• Robert Gregory Price, 48, of 112 Maple St., Marietta, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Ruben David Plasencia, 30, of 210 State Route 339, Belpre, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Matthew John Queen, 34, of 208 Scammel St., Marietta, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Bruce Albert Southerland, Jr., 50, of 284 S. Warren Ave., Columbus, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Edward Allen Persell, 47, of Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.