•On Monday, the dog warden requested summons be issued for Sherry Henry and John Henry, of Caywood Road, Marietta, on a charge of failing to securely confine a vicious dog, namely a South African Mastiff. On Oct. 1 the dog attacked a subject and caused serious physical harm. At that time the dog was designated vicious. The Henrys were ordered to comply with the dangerous designation, which required them to securely confine the dog at all times in a locked pen that has a top, locked fence yard or other locked enclosure that has a top while it was on their premises. On Aug. 5, the Henrys had contractors at the property and another contractor to complete work in the fenced in area. The Henrys did not have an exact date/time the second contractor was going to be there and had told him to use the fenced entrance. Sherry had left the dogs outside as the first contractor had left for the day and she was unaware of the second contractor arriving. The Mastiff dog attacked one of the contractors and caused serious physical harm, i.e. severe lacerations and puncture wounds. The contractor stated Sherry and a male subject had to get the dog off of him so he could get away. The contractor advised he was not aware of a dangerous or vicious dog being on that property nor did he observe any signs posted to warn him. This is the second incident involving Sherry and John Henry’s South African Mastiff dog and both times it caused serious physical harm to an individual. The dog warden is also requesting the court to issue an order to have the dog humanely euthanized.
•A deputy was dispatched to 3281 Barth Road, Belpre, on Aug. 1 to meet with Jodi Ruth. It was reported that Darren McGuire, 26, of 576 McGill Road, Vincent, was threatening and harassing a member of Ruth’s family. McGuire had called 50 times and then showed up at the residence because they quit answering the phone. McGuire has been advised to cease contact unless it is regarding their child. The text messages viewed by Deputy Hockenberry did not pertain to their child. A summons is being requested for McGuire on a charge of telecommunications harassment.
•A deputy began an investigation July 28 into a theft scam. The subject purchased an item and had not received it. This case remains under investigation.
•On July 28, a deputy met with Curtis Howell, of Williamson Avenue, New Matamoras, in reference to a stolen truck. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy met with Heartland of Marietta personnel on July 29 in reference to a theft This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy met with Little Hocking individuals on July 29 about a theft of medication. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy responded to a physical altercation between two individuals at 101 Evans St., New Matamoras, on July 29. Several tenants of the apartment complex reported that Ruth Hendershot and Carlton Bennett had been engaged in an altercation in Hendershot’s vehicle. Attempts to contact Hendershot at her residence was unsuccessful. Bennett stated he had a mutual physical altercation with Hendershot. A summons is being requested for Ruth C. Hendershot, 60, of 33777 Bethel Ridge Road, New Matamoras, and Carlton W. Bennett, 55, of 101 Evans St., Apt. A2, New Matamoras, on a charge of disorderly conduct.
•On July 30, a deputy was on patrol on Sherbourne Road near the intersection of Ohio 821 and came upon a vehicle stopped along the edge of the roadway. The driver appeared to be passed out. Timothy James Steed was awakened. The deputy noted a baggie of meth in the cup holder and an opened can of beer. Steed admitted to using meth. A search of the vehicle revealed an empty syringe, razor blade and spoon with suspected meth residue. Steed was unsteady on his feet and was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail. Steed, 37, of 22 Main St., Belle Valley, was charged with being in physical control of a vehicle, possession of drug abuse instruments, drug paraphernalia and possession of meth, a Schedule II narcotic.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Velinda Bernice Berga, 21, of 101 Theiss Ave., Apt. 15, Marietta, was arrested for two counts of criminal damaging, assault, criminal damaging, theft and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
• William Delancy Eckert, 43, of 101 Theiss Ave., Apt. 3, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor, and illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, a felony.
• Robert Jonathan Huffman, 39, of 797 Channel Lane, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Leonard Franklin Travis, 49, of 407 Neal St., Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• James David Carpenter, 49, of 307 Fairview Lane, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• Joshua Cecil Poole, 32, homeless, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Iesha Rachelle McFadden, 24, of 411 East Spring St., Marietta, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass, all misdemeanors.
• Destiny Renee Covey, 27, of 115 Longacre St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
• Zane Aaron Walker, 39, of 41670 National Road, Apt. 5B, Belmont, was arrested for telecommunication harassment, two counts, one felony and one misdemeanor.
• Courtney Nichole Clayton, 27, of 314 John St., Belpre, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, possessing drug abuse instruments, contempt of court and criminal trespass, all misdemeanors.
• Glen Owen Williams, 44, of 527 Broad St., Macksburg, was arrested for improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, a felony.
• Christina Marie Rohrer, 46, of 134 Whipkey Drive, Waterford, was arrested for theft without consent, a misdemeanor.
• Timothy Tyler Lovett, 33, homeless, was arrested for assault of an emergency medical service provider, two counts, both felonies, .and disorderly conduct, intoxicated annoy or alarm, a misdemeanor.
• Shannon Leann Wolfe, 33, of 5 Tonya Ave., Parkersburg, was arrested for possession of drugs schedule I or II substance, a felony, possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia, both felonies.
• Jason Lee Byers, 35, of 105 Gilman Ave., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for theft, a misdemeanor.