•A deputy began an investigation July 30 for Boca Construction in Norwalk in reference to stolen items at a job site in Aurelius Township. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy responded to 1278 Bender Road, Marietta, on July 31 in reference to a warrant attempt. Nikki Duncan was located and an active warrant was confirmed. Duncan advised she had needles in her purse. The deputy located three needles and two baggies with residue. Another needle was located in Duncan’s purse upon entry into the jail. Nikki L. Duncan, 38, of 3701 Plum Run Road, Waterford, was arrested on the warrant and charged with possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia.
•A deputy met with Leann Welch, of 172 Briggs Hill Road, Belpre, on July 31 in reference to a breaking and entering where numbers items of value were stolen. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy was dispatched to 206 Upper Fifteenmile Creek Road, Wingett Run, on July 31 for a report that Homer Fry Sr. was breaking things and was in Homer Fry Jr’s face. Homer Jr. showed a large dent in the hood of his vehicle and a broken surveillance camera in the back of the home. Homer Sr. admitted to the damaging due to Homer Jr. walking on his vehicle and being disrespectful. Homer Jr. denied walking on the vehicle. A summons is being requested for Homer M. Fry Jr., 36, for obstructing official business, and Homer M. Fry Sr., 55, for criminal damaging.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Derek Eugene Boice, 33, of 489 Sandhill Road, Marietta, was arrested for domestic violence, two counts, both misdemeanors.
• Skylar Michael Paul, 27, of 1314 Glendale Road, Marietta, was arrested for resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, parole violation, obstructing official business and inducing panic, all felonies.
• John Aaron Givens, 39, of 100 Linwood Ave., Apt. B, Marietta, was arrested for criminal mischief, a misdemeanor.
• Jaclyn Virginia Caldwell, 30, of 713 Boso Ave., Ravenswood, W.Va., was arrested for breaking and entering, a felony.
• Joseph Adam McKitrick, 40, of 550 Ewing Road, Reno, was arrested for criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor.
• Shawn Eugene Covey, 43, of 713 Greene St., Apt. A, Marietta, was arrested for resisting arrest, aggravated menacing, disorderly conduct, two counts, all misdemeanors.