•A deputy was dispatched to 1399 Scotts Ridge Road, Whipple, on Aug. 1 for a report from Janet Wells of missing money. The individual reported responsible for the theft was Douglas S. Cline, who had left the residence prior to the deputy arriving. Wells and other witnesses advised Cline left the residence and went into the woods. Wells stated that since a witness to this incident has been in a relationship with Cline, she has noticed cash missing on several occasions. Wells stated she knew it was Cline but the events had not been reported. Wells stated on July 30 is when she believed she was missing $50. On this date witnesses had seen Cline in Wells’ purse and had even taken the purse into the bathrooms. Wells looked for her purse in the area she keeps it, however it was not there. Wells stated that another individual had located the purse in the bathroom after Cline had left the residence, and Wells soon discovered she was missing cash from her purse. Cline was unable to be interviewed and the deputy requested a warrant be issued for his arrest on a charge of burglary and theft. The warrant was issued and Cline, 42, of 1495 Scotts Ridge Road, Whipple, and he was arrested on Wednesday and transported to the Washington County Jail.
•On Aug. 2, a deputy began an investigation into a possible domestic incident. In speaking with all parties this case was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Washington County Jail on Aug. 3 for a temporary protection order violation. Sue Malson reported Keysahwn Gates, a Washington County Jail inmate, violated a protection order, which had just been issued. Even though the order had just been issued/signed, Gates had been advised in court that there was an order issued and Malson was the victim. The conversation in court took place via video conference between the Marietta Municipal Court and the Washington County Jail. Gates, 19, of 171 Branch Road, Belpre, was charged with violating the terms of a protection order.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Jeffrey Ryan Voycik, 37, of 1665 Glendale Road, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony, and violating a protection order, a misdemeanor.
• Douglas Stanley Cline, 42, of 1495 Scotts Ridge Road, Whipple, was arrested for burglary, a felony, and theft, a misdemeanor.
• Lindsey Mae Tornes, 30, of 1160 Hadley Hollow Road, Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs schedule I, II, III, IV or V, and tampering with evidence, all felonies, possession of marijuana, obstructing official business, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, OVI, driving under OVI suspension, failure to control and no seatbelt, all misdemeanors.
• Timothy Matthew Sampson, 28, of 206 Brentwood St., Marietta, was arrested for possession of drugs, marijuana, a misdemeanor.
• Bobbie Sue Davis, 36, of 19 High St., Vincent, was arrested for theft, one felony and one misdemeanor.
• Eric Gunner Sciance, 26, of 137 Lynn St., Parkersburg, was arrested for burglary and safecracking, both felonies.
• Deidre Fawn Arnett, 53, of 405 Lord St., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Cody Dale Smarr, 27, of 1002 Washington Blvd., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Ryan Michael Stimpert, 27, of 144 ½ Groves Ave., Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Nicole Dena Davis, 35, of 204 Dale St., Marietta, was arrested for failure to obtain dangerous dog registration, loose dog, three counts, and vicious dog at large, all misdemeanors.