•A deputy responded to 65 Caywood Road, Marietta, on Aug. 3 regarding a stolen glider off of the front porch. During the investigation information was obtained that Cindy K. Bosner was seen with two other people taking the glider from the porch. Bosner stated she was at a garage sale at the residence a few weeks ago and bought the glider. The owner denied the sale of the glider to Bosner. A summons is being requested for Bosner, 59, of 10 Longacre St., Apt. B, Marietta, on a charge of theft.
• On Aug. 4, a deputy received an arrest warrant from Wood County, W.Va., Magistrate Court for Paula Lynne Hadley, 57, of Pearl Street, Marietta, a current Washington County Jail inmate. The information on the warrant matched that given by Hadley upon being booked into the Washington County Jail. A charge of fugitive from justice was added to Hadley’s charges.
• A deputy began an investigation into a domestic incident on Aug. 4. This incident was determined to be unfounded.
•While patrolling Ohio 339 on Aug. 5 in Dunham Township, a deputy observed a black truck sitting in the parking lot of Allman’s Preowned Autos located at 4635 State Route 339. The driver was observed outside the vehicle with the hood of the vehicle up checking the engine bay. The deputy stopped to check on the driver, identified as Darrell Clark. While speaking with Clark, the deputy noticed that he was sweating profusely and his speech was very rapid. Clark gave consent to search the vehicle with the deputy finding two glass pipes with residue, a white plastic cylindrical container with a crystal-like substance and a straw. Also located was a marijuana grinder. Darrell Eugene Clark, 35, of 230 Fay Ave., Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Clark was transported to the Washington County Jail.
• On Aug. 5, deputies responded to 1650 Watertown Road, Waterford, for a report of a male possibly going to harm himself. Ronald Martin Jr. had an odor of alcoholic beverage about his person. Martin stated he had around six beers and denied trying to harm himself. Martin was transported for medical treatment and began yelling and cursing at the hospital staff, refusing to be treated. As a result of his behavior, Ronald Lee Martin Jr., 48, was arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to the Washington County Jail. At the jail a PBT was administered and Martin tested a .096 BAC.
• A deputy was dispatched to 295 Green St., Newport, on Aug. 6 regarding an argument between Frankie Sergent and Jason Strickler. After the investigation it was determined that charges of disorderly conduct would be filed on Frankie D. Sergent, 42, and Jason Strickler, 41, for disorderly conduct by fighting.
• On Aug. 7, a deputy began an investigation into the theft of a package from a porch. This case remains under investigation.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Mark Everett Swaney, 53, of 729 Front St., Marietta, was arrested for theft and obstructing official business, both misdemeanors.
• Shawn Austin Horne, 21, of 64 Pike St., Marietta, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving under suspension and improper lane usage, all misdemeanors.
• Dustin Ray Riley, 35, of 715 Cisler Drive, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Tyler Wayne Kiggans, 29, of 715 Duff Road, Reno, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanors.
• Mariah Katelyn Odell, 24, of 4410 Jefferson St., Parkersburg, was arrested for OVI and breach of recognizance, both misdemeanors.
• Charles Edward Walker, 41, of 2010 Hanna Road, Marietta, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Mary Denise Barth, 52, of 652 Curry Road, Waterford, was arrested for OVI and right of way at stop/yield sign, both misdemeanors.
• Samantha Rae James, 29, of 623 Lulu St., Parkersburg, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Justin Tyler Sprague, 25, of 488 Catherine St., Columbus, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Ryan Stewart, 28, of 809 Morgan Ave., Belpre, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor, and parole violation, a felony.
• Jeffrey Allen Friesner, 46, of 819 McKinley Ave., Lancaster, was arrested for contempt of court.
• Rebecca Lou Sergent, 30, of 1195 East Branch Road, Lowell, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
• Randall Alan Horner, II, 33, of 710 Clement Ave., Belpre, was arrested for assault, a misdemeanor.
• Samuel Groff Johnson, 24, of 2717 Winding Creek Lane, Mason, was arrested for criminal damaging.
•Carrie Ann Kimmer, 37, of 150 Lanning Drive, Salisbury, N.C., was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs and probation violation, both misdemeanors.
• Tony Andrew Reed, 62, of 2460 Rainbow Road, Lowell, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Kierston Leann Holbrooks-Mick, 30, of 150 Camelot Road, Apt. 34, Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Chase Micheal Kasler, 22, of 150A Garfield Drive, Nelsonville, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.