•A deputy responded to the Dollar General, 10282 State Route 550, Vincent, on Aug. 18 for a report of a theft. Footage showed a male and female walking around the store and the male opened a package and turned around and walked out of camera view. The item was later determined to be a package of Gorilla glue which was priced at $5. Through the investigation the deputy was able to identify the female and male. The male, Vincent Roberts, met with the deputy and denied taking any items. He then admitted to taking some items. Roberts, of 1920 Roberts Road, Amesville, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of theft.
• On Aug. 18, deputies were advised of an assault between Craig Long and Heath Long. Heath denied an altercation with Craig stating it was just an argument. Deputies searched for Craig, also learning he had active warrants for his arrest. Craig Long was later found hiding in the residence. Craig admitted to a mutual fight with Heath. A summons has been requested through Marietta Municipal Court for Craig S. Long, 57, of 485 Danas Run Road, Newport, on a charge of disorderly conduct by fighting. Heath Wesley Long, 33, of 39460 Opossum Creek Road, Sardis, was placed under arrest and charged with obstructing official business and disorderly conduct by fighting.
• On Wednesday, a deputy met with Angela Johnson who reported her motor vehicle was taken from the Marietta Municipal Court parking lot, located at 259 Butler St. Marietta. Johnson stated she was driving Miranda Jane Long to work, but had to stop at the Marietta Municipal Court. Johnson stated she left Long with the vehicle, with it running. Johnson came back and discovered her vehicle missing. Johnson made contact with subjects that advised her vehicle was at her residence, which she found was not true. Contact was made with Long who stated she took the vehicle, but with Johnson’s permission, and drove to Johnson’s residence. Mathew Steven McComas, 41, of 104 Grandview Ave., Apt. 3, Marietta, and Miranda Jane Long, 27, of 1981 Benedict Road, Fleming, were both arrested and transported to the Washington County Jail charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
•A deputy responded to 1426 Earley Ridge Road, New Matamoras, on Friday for a domestic dispute complaint. A man reported Zackariah Earley had assaulted him and threatened him with a pick ax. Earley was not aggressive, but refused to be placed in handcuffs. A deputy took hold of him and began to place him in handcuffs when he pulled away and tried to go outside. Other deputies were on scene to assist, at which time he was placed under arrest. Earley admitted to using methamphetamine earlier. Zackariah Harold Earley, 31, of 176 Danas Run Road, Newport, was placed under arrest and charged with resisting arrest and domestic violence. Earley was transported to the Washington County Jail.
•A deputy was dispatched to the 400 block of Danas Run Road on Sunday for a report of Jason Strickler punching a woman and grabbing her by the hair. Strickler had thrown the woman into his truck and left the area. Strickler was later found in his truck and was detained. Jason Lee Strickler, 41, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport,was placed under arrest for domestic violence, and transported to the Washington County Jail.
• During a separate call Sunday, contact was made with Mary Alice Brooks, who was found to have an active warrant for her arrest. Brooks was arrested on the warrant and advised she had methamphetamine in her purse. The deputy discovered 5.17 grams of suspected methamphetamine after a search of her purse, along with 4 hydrocodone/acetaminophen tablets. Mary Alice Brooks, 40, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was taken into custody and charged with possession of a schedule II-controlled substance.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
•Zackariah Harold Earley, 31, of 176 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested for resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, and domestic violence, a felony.
• Andrew Joseph Bobier, 38, of Walnut Street, Lowell, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Eric Joseph Barron, 30, of 781 Walnut St., Nelsonville, was arrested for breaking and entering, burglary, parole violation, felonies, and theft, a misdemeanor.
• Jamyllah L Roundtree, 19, of 8815 Desoto Drive, Cincinnati, was arrested for speeding, a misdemeanor.
• Timothy Wesley Moore, 43, of 15459 State Route 555, Cutler, was arrested for no seatbelt, a misdemeanor.
• Jelisa Sibrehna Brown, 23, of 304 Elm St., Belpre, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
• Amanda Lynn Dobbins, 39, of 560 Bender Road, Marietta, was arrested for disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
• Jason Lee Strickler, 41, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested for domestic violence, a felony.
• Mary Alice Brooks, 40, of 765 Danas Run Road, Newport, was arrested for theft from a disabled adult and possession of drugs, both felonies.