•On Aug. 11 a deputy conducted an investigation on Joe Skinner Road in reference to disorderly conduct. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy was dispatched on Aug. 12 in reference to a report of Marty J. Lake calling the protected person in an active protection order. A warrant is being requested for Marty J. Lake, 45, of 13685 Muskingum River Road, Lowell, for violating a protection order.
• A deputy responded to 1665 Glendale Road, Marietta, on Aug. 12 in reference to a temporary protection order violation. Jeffry Ryan Voycik, 38, was arrested for violating a protection order.
•A deputy responded to 1340 Patten Mills Road Cutler, on Aug. 12 in reference to a domestic dispute complaint. A woman advised she was assaulted by Terry Dalton. She said Dalton took hold of her after an argument and tried to force her from the couch. Dalton took hold of her again and pulled her back into the living room, holding her down, and trying to strike her in the face. A warrant is being requested for Terry Gilbert Dalton, 54, on a charge of domestic violence, a felony.
• A deputy responded to the intersection of Roddy Road and Tick Ridge Road on Aug. 13 for a report of trash being found. Trustees had been cleaning up the trash and found a bank paper with an individual’s name on it. Contact was made with Jocelyn Louise Whealdon, 30, of 1029 Barth Road, Belpre, and she was advised that a summons would be requested for her on a charge of littering.
•On Aug. 14, a deputy arrested Mary Denise Barth, 52, of 652 Curry Road, Waterford, for OVI and right of way at a stop/yield sign. Barth was transported to the Washington County Jail.
• Deputies were dispatched to 1423 Way Road, Belpre, on Aug. 14 for a report by Joseph Perona advising he was assaulted by a male subject. Perona, a taxi driver, advised he drove a male subject home from a bar in Parkersburg and he did not pay for his whole fare. He stated the male only paid a portion of his bill and he said he was going into his house to get cash. Perona stated he and the male were outside of the cab and he grabbed the male’s phone for insurance and ran back to the cab. Perona stated Moreland went after him around the taxi cab, got him in a headlock and they fell to the gravel and wrestled over the phone. Moreland stated he told the cab driver he needed to walk inside due to not having enough cash for the fare. Moreland stated the driver tackled him. Perona suffered minor injuries to the front of his knees and Mooreland had minor injuries to the front of his knees and his left elbow. A citation for disorderly conduct was issued to Cory M. Moreland, 28, and Joseph Persona, 42, of 1000 Kemper St., Parkersburg.
•On Aug. 15, a deputy was on patrol when she observed what appeared to be a disabled vehicle. Rebecca Sergent was in the vehicle, stating she was waiting on someone to bring a trailer to haul the vehicle. Sergent was in the driver’s seat and was the sole occupant. Sergent allowed a search of the vehicle and a bag with a hypodermic needle and baggie with residue were found. Rebecca L. Sergent, 30, of 1455 E Branch Road, Lowell, was placed under arrest and charged with possession of drug abuse instruments.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
•Julius Ray Griffin, Jr., 26, of 2597 Romig Road, Apt. B, Akron, was arrested for receiving stolen property and possession of drugs, both felonies.
• Donald Lee Westbrook, 60, of 1254 Whealdon Road, Cutler, was arrested for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
• Trenton Warner Hutchinson, 21, of 703 Alloway Road, Little Hocking, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.