•A deputy was dispatched to Dollar General on Ohio 550 in Vincent on Monday for a report of shoplifting. This case remains under investigation.
•A deputy began an investigation Tuesday into a counterfeit bill that was passed. This case remains under investigation.
•Deputies were dispatched to 1245 Whealdon Road on Wednesday after a woman reported Donald Westbrook had pushed her. Donald Lee Westbrook, 60, of 1254 Whealdon Road, Cutler, was arrested on a charge of domestic violence.
• A deputy was dispatched to 336 Orchard Drive, Little Hocking, on Wednesday for a report of Matthew Foraker being on the property and having an active warrant out of Athens County, as well as being caught shoplifting. Upon arresting Foraker on the outstanding warrant it was determined that he had merchandise from the store which was not paid for, totaling $26.54. Foraker, 36, of Campus Drive, Belpre, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail for theft and resisting arrest and the warrant from Athens County.
•A deputy was dispatched to 2071 Cave Hill Road on Wednesday to speak with a subject regarding Richard Young being assaulted and held against his will. Young reported that he had been assaulted by a Terry Pierce. The deputy contacted Pierce and he admitted to assaulting Young. Pierce stated this was due to finding Young in his home with his daughter’s laptop and believed him to be stealing it. Pierce then changed the events which led to him assaulting Young, stating Young was invited to his residence and when he arrived he confronted Richard about a previous theft. Terry Allen Pierce, 45, of 1785 Moody Ridge Road, Vincent, was placed under arrest for assault and obstructing justice, and was transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Stephen Lee Houghton, 37, homeless, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Matthew Ronald Foraker, 36, of 1003 Campus Drive, Belpre, was arrested for contempt, theft, resisting arrest, theft without consent and criminal trespass, all misdemeanors.
• Terry Allen Pierce, 45, of 1785 Moody Ridge Road, Vincent, was arrested for assault and obstructing justice, both misdemeanors.
• Vincent Michael Lucente, 36, of 1954 Woodruff Drive, Painesville, was arrested for driving under suspension, a misdemeanor.
• Nathan Thomas Pyke, 29, of 523 Second St., Apt. 2, Marietta, was arrested for parole violation, a felony.
• Thomas Edward Rowan, 31, of 807 Mitchell Ave., Apt. 21, Beverly, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.