Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 
Latest Post:
Started By:
Rank:
Category
5 days ago.
by BeRight
Valveguy
#1

Obamacare is not "FREE" health care

People have finally realized that the word “free” is nowhere to be found in Obamacare’s “ Affordable Health Care Act”. Coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law won't be cheap. A study released Thursday by the nonprofit Kaiser Family Foundation found that government tax credits would lower the sticker price on a benchmark "silver" policy to a little over $190 a month for single people making about $29,000, regardless of their age. For uninsured people who are paying nothing today, this is still a big cost that they're expected to fit into their budgets.

 
 

Member Comments

thegreek

I decline commenting on this subject since I am no EXPERT.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Not on a pedestal, just explaining my views, you accuse me of being angry but go back and look at the snide remarks in your posts and ask Who is the angry one.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

You see the problem with the left is they always want to help with someone elses money time and talent. I help with my own, wont ask you to do what is my responsibility to take care of.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

well I hope he likes his subsidy and knows someone else is paying his FAIR SHARE as the libs like to say.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

You wont reduce the cost of healthcare by socializing it, sorry. Name a single Govt program that is solvent and underbudget. not likely.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

I think I have made a pretty good case, I know you wont see it. If healthcare is THAT important, it should be just behind food and water in personal spending.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Yea I have family, friends and neighbors that have needed help, guess what, I HELPED THEM.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

You are missing my point not sure if its deliberate. It is NOT my fault he had a divorce, sorry had one myself, didn't socialize it. He could have bought insurance he didn't have to go to Obamacare website looking for subsidies. I bet your friend is a good dude, and I am NOT angry. Library has internet and don't need an iPhone when a flip phone will work, don't need cable TV. My point is about PRIORITIES, not your buddy personally.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Simply, if healthcare is the so important that we must socialize 1/6 of our economy, shouldn't it be the FIRST priority in ones individual spending, before car payment mortgage cable, phone etc.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

I cannot see how anyone can sit around watching a flat screen Cable TV punching on a wireless laptop and yapping on a IPHONE telling someone on the other end, I just cant afford 4 hundred a month for healthcare,

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Did I INSIST he was a leech? The point is, if he took out the things is his life he does not need he could afford the things he does, but instead, I am gonna have to kick in for him. That is not right, if I didn't have to pay for him and others like him, I could provide MORE coverage for myself and family.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

It's a matter of priorities, we think healthcare is so dang important but we dont think WE should pay for it. I would LOVE to see the income expenditures and assets of those crying for subsidies.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Asknot, what would you call his subsidised policy if not welfare? If he got rid of cable and his data plan I bet he could afford to carry his own weight.

Posted 111 days ago.

Kunectdots

How much would Tort reform eventually help reduce those costs?

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

Oh boy what would a topic be without r1k and his usless copy and past links.

Posted 111 days ago.

BeRight

He is an example of the 5% that Obamacare is meant to serve at the expense of the other 95%. Good for him. I will continue to work and help him out.

When the law is fully implemented, 30 million Americans will not have coverage under Obamacare.

Posted 111 days ago.

BeRight

Zero is a good price

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

I always found it odd that Americas view health insurance as something that should be given to them. People don't bat an eye at 100 cell data plans.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

I don't know this fella but I bet he has cable tv, internet and a few smartphones, add those non essentials up, he could pay his own healthcare.

Posted 111 days ago.

Tiredofit

For your buddy to get a 0 payment, someone else is paying far more than they should. It ain't right.

Posted 111 days ago.
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
*Password:
Remember my email address.
or