– “Vendor Fair,” 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sept. 29, at Wayside United Methodist Church; interested vendors should email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Marietta First Church of the Nazarene’s Third Annual Craft Show, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 13, at the church, 100 Mill Creek Road, Marietta; crafters with handmade items needed; cost for a 10′ by 10′ booth is $25; concession stand and bake sale; all attendees receive a ticket for door prizes; free admission; all proceeds go to church’s children’s department to help children with special needs; for more information, Lynn Stoll at 740-374-3708 or Stollworkshop@att.net
– Craft show, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 20, at Norwood United Methodist Church, 23 Colegate Drive, Marietta; food available for purchase; anyone interested in being a vendor, the cost to rent a table is $20 — those interested should call 740-374-5606 and leave a name and phone number in your message and calls will be returned.
– “Good Samaritan Free Meal and Clothing Giveaway,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of every month, at Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
– Christ Memorial Episcopal Church in Williamstown community picnic and worship service, 11 a.m., Sunday, Sept. 30, at Williamstown Women’s Club, located at 112 West 7th St. in Williamstown; special guests will be Grace, Saint Paul’s and Saint Ann’s Episcopal churches; those who attend should bring a covered dish dinner.
– Good News from Christ, radio program, 10 a.m., every Sunday, on WMOA-1490 AM; and on the church website: www.christumcmarietta.org
– H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Endure) — H.O.P.E. is a support group for those who have lost a family member, friend or co-worker to suicide; meetings are the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 5:30 p.m. at The River Family Christian Center, 19025 State Route 339, Waterford; for more information: LeeAnn Price at 740-350-3365.
– 13 weeks of grief support seminars, presented by St. Paul’s Evengelical Church, Tuesdays, through Oct. 30, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. each morning, in parish hall (social room), 401 Fifth St., Marietta; materials specifically address topics and issues for those who are grieving the death of a loved one; content is Christ-centered, biblical, and non-denominational; presented three-phased: Video, group discussion and personal workbook; GriefShare support can be an especially effective outreach for the grieving person; pre-registration is suggested, however an “open” policy is honored; participation can be at any time during the 13 weeks; competent childcare provided; for more information and pre-registration: Pastor Joe Vasarheli at 740-373-3757, Facilitator Carolyn Becker at 740-585-2087, or Facilitator Becky Moore at 740-336-5704.
– Live the Adventure – Royal Rangers, an activity based program for boys and young men in grades kindergarten to 12th grade, offered Wednesday nights from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Fort Harmar’s River of Life Assembly of God Church, 200 Franklin St., Marietta; Royal Rangers teaches boys to have fun while learning leadership skills; a merit based program, camping, rope craft, tool craft, archery, computers, sports and many others; for more information, contact Commander Rick Dostal at email@example.com, 740-885-8151, or the church, Pastor George Gaston, 740-374-8967.
– GriefShare program, 12:30 to 2 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 8, in the fellowship hall at Gilman United Methodist Church, 312 Gilman Ave., Marietta; GriefShare gives help and encouragement after the death of a loved one; meets weekly for 13 weeks and is designed to help people rebuild their lives; light refreshments served; participants are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch; program is free and open to anyone who is in need of help dealing with the loss of a loved one; facilitators will be Lucy Scott, Debbie Mincks and Vivian Brown; to preregister (for any session): 740-373-8643 or 740-373-6478.
– Christ United Methodist Church United Methodist Women (UMW) has two Circles: an afternoon Circle that meets on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. and an evening Circle that meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.; new members welcome.
– Free Clothing Closet, 9 to 11 a.m., second and fourth Thursday of each month, at Waterford Church of The Nazarene, 111 Marquis Ave., Waterford; good, clean clothing of all sizes available.
– St. Luke’s Lutheran Church’s 17th Annual Community Give-Away Day, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, Sept. 28, at the church, located at 401 Scammel St., Marietta; the congregation will be donating slightly used items to be given away for free to those in the community in need; items include toys, household goods, clothes, books, shoes, etc.; everyone is welcome; anyone with questions should call 740-350-8984.
– Autumn Leaves Bazaar , 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 5, at Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta; homemade vegetable soup, bean soup and chili sold by the quart and pint, baked goods, crafts, country store; lunch will be served.
Send religious news to Claire Heiby at The Marietta Times, 700 Channel Lane, Marietta, Ohio 45750. Information can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the Virtual Newsroom on the Times’ website, www.MariettaTimes.com. Deadline for information for the Focus on Faith page is noon Monday each week for that Saturday’s edition.