– “Good Samaritan Free Meal and Clothing Giveaway,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of every month, at Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
– Our Lady of Mercy Church sausage and pancake breakfast, 8 a.m. to noon, Sunday, Nov. 18, at the church, 5001 Lowell Hill Road, Lowell; adults, $7; under 12, $3.
– Good News from Christ, radio program, 10 a.m. every Sunday on WMOA, 101.3 FM and 1490 AM, and on the church website: www.christumcmarietta.org.
– H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Endure) — H.O.P.E. is a support group for those who have lost a family member, friend or co-worker to suicide; meetings are the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 5:30 p.m. at The River Family Christian Center, 19025 State Route 339, Waterford; for more information: LeeAnn Price at 740-350-3365.
– Awana program for 2018-19 at Twin Rivers Baptist Church, 110 D.A.V. Road, Whipple, program for boys and girls each Wednesday through May, with sessions to be held from 7 to 8:20 each week; classes for children from 3 years of age through teens; each week’s session includes lesson time, Bible verse memorization, snacks and games; church is on D.A.V. Road, off Ohio 821, and is located just 300 yards north of Exit 6 off Interstate 77; a bus route available to pick up boys and girls for the program; for more information or transportation: 740-376-0440.
– Live the Adventure – Royal Rangers, an activity based program for boys and young men in grades kindergarten to 12th grade, offered Wednesday nights from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Fort Harmar’s River of Life Assembly of God Church, 200 Franklin St., Marietta; Royal Rangers teaches boys to have fun while learning leadership skills; a merit based program, camping, rope craft, tool craft, archery, computers, sports and many others; for more information, contact Commander Rick Dostal at firstname.lastname@example.org, 740-885-8151, or the church, Pastor George Gaston, 740-374-8967.
– GriefShare: Surviving the Holidays program offered at Gilman United Methodist Church, 312 Gilman Ave.; two-hour program designed to offer help to those who are grieving the loss of a loved one, held Saturday, Nov. 17, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., in church fellowship hall; to pre-register: 740-373-8643 or 740-373-6478; facilitators: Vivian Brown, Lucy Scott and Debbie Mincks.
– Christ United Methodist Church United Methodist Women (UMW) has two Circles: an afternoon Circle that meets on the third Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. and an evening Circle that meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m.; new members welcome.
Free community meals
– St. Luke’s Episcopal Church serves a free community meal the first Tuesday of every month; doors open at 4:30 p.m.; dinner served from 5 to 6 p.m.; church is located at 320 Second St., Marietta; parking available in church lot off of Third Street; each month is a different meal, but all meals consist of a homemade meat-based entree (beef, chicken, pork, ham), a side dish (usually pasta-based), and a vegetable (e.g. tossed salad, green beans, spiced carrots, mixed vegetables); if appropriate, rolls may be served with the main meal; in addition, there is a variety of desserts and a variety of beverages; the community meal meets the health department’s standards for balanced nutrition, food preparation, and service; Marybeth Peebles: email@example.com, 740-374-6922 (home), or 740-568-8194 (cell).
– 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., fourth Tuesday of every month, First Presbyterian Church, corner of Fourth and Wooster streets, Marietta.
– Daily Bread Kitchen, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Wednesday, at St. Mary’s K of C Hall, 312 Franklin St., Marietta.
– 5 to 6 p.m., second Thursday of each month, Tunnel United Methodist Church, Ohio 550 and Coffman Road, Marietta; handicapped parking is available in the upper parking lot by the church entrance; to request to have a meal delivered within a five-mile radius, leave a message at 740-374-5634.
– Free community meal, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., first Friday of each month, at Christ United Methodist Church, 301 Wooster St., Marietta; free home-cooked meal served in fellowship hall; all are welcome; no charge, donations accepted; for more information, go to www.christumcmarietta.org or call 740-373-1512.
– 5 to 6:30 p.m., second Friday of each month, at The First Unitarian Universalist Church, 232 Third St.; everyone welcome; fellowship hall is accessible and meals offer a variety of healthy choices; for more information, 740-373-1238.
– 5 to 6 p.m., third Friday of every month, at Norwood United Methodist Church, 23 Colegate Drive, Marietta.
– 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., third Saturday of each month, Faith United Methodist Church, 503 Seventh St., Marietta.
– Beverly United Methodist Church community lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the last Saturday of each month; church is handicapped accessible; call ahead for carryout at 740-984-2100.
– Volunteers needed to help with the Fifth Annual Christmas Day Feast in Marietta; growing event has teams for deliveries, publicity, janitor/cleanup, kitchen and cooking, hospitality and serving, desserts and more; need for variety of home-cooked dishes from casseroles to cakes, and smaller items such as milk and juices and fresh fruits and Christmas cards; to volunteer, contact Bruce Edward Haas, project manager, at 740-629-1277.
– The Saint Vincent de Paul Society accepts donations of clean, used furniture or bedding. They also accept used appliances in good working order. These items are given free to families in need. Call their helpline at 740-376-1334 and a member will meet you at their storage bin or pick up the items at your home.
Send religious news The Marietta Times, 700 Channel Lane, Marietta, Ohio 45750. Information can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the Virtual Newsroom on the Times’ website, www.MariettaTimes.com. Deadline for information for the Focus on Faith page is noon Monday each week for that Saturday’s edition.