• Morgan Raley, of 250 Zion Ridge Road, Marietta, reported a theft at the residence on Dec. 26. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to 4755 Waterford Road, Marietta, on Dec. 27 to assist Marietta Municipal Court probation officers with a property search. Probation officers were looking for two subjects regarding probation violations. Rebecca Sparks met the officers at the door and advised that neither subject was there. Sparks told them they were at their parents’ homes. The officers left the residence and returned a short time later when the residence was searched. They found one subject in a closet with a bed pushed against the door blocking it from the outside. The other subject was located hiding in a shower. A warrant is being requested for Rebecca Dawn Sparks, 35, on a charge of obstructing official business.
• On Friday, deputies along with the Barlow Squad responded to the scene of a deceased male.
• On Saturday, a deputy began an investigation into a possible violation of a protection order. Through investigation, it was determined that no charges would be filed and the case was marked closed.
• A deputy responded to 17068 State Route 550, Marietta, on Saturday to meet with Chad Barnes in reference to the residence being entered. This case remains under investigation.
• A deputy responded to the 20000 block of State Route 550, Marietta, on Sunday in reference to three cows and one horse running loose and in the roadway. The owners were identified and the animals were returned to the fenced area without incident. Nancy Snider stated the animals are her responsibility. A summons is being requested for Nancy Snider, 42, on a charge of animals at large.
• On Monday, a deputy began a theft investigation at the Mary Francis residence, 4170 Sugar Run Road, Marietta. This case remains under investigation.
• On Monday, deputies filed for a summons through Marietta Municipal Court on Ronald E. Brown, 50, of 725 Old Friendship Road, Rock Hill, S.C., on a charge of telecommunications harassment. From Dec. 19-26, Brown sent multiple text messages daily to cell phones belonging to the business of Carpers Well Service, 30745 State Route 7, Newport, his previous employer. The messages were harassing and contained profanities. On Dec. 26, a text message was sent to Brown advising him to stop texting, which was received by Brown, however, he continued to text multiple times. Brown admitted to the text messages, stating he was upset with the events that led to his termination.
• A deputy responded to 103 Halstead Road, Marietta, on Monday for a domestic violence complaint. After speaking with all involved, Terry Michael Reynolds, 53, of 87 Tower Road, Little Hocking, was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct, domestic violence and child endangering. Reynolds was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing. A portable breathalyzer test conducted at the jail yielded a .162 result.
• On Monday, a deputy responded to 137 Brandy Drive, Marietta, to a possible domestic violence complaint. Carla Vickers reported her ex-boyfriend, Kenneth Holbert, held her at her residence with a knife but had since left. Vickers advised earlier in the evening she encountered Holbert in her home. Vickers told Holbert to leave at which time he pulled out a folding knife and told her to “shut up.” Vickers continued to tell him to leave. Holbert did leave the residence, taking Vicker’s cell phone with her. Vickers stated Holbert has been advised several times to stay away from the residence. A warrant was requested for the arrest of Kenneth Dewayne Holbert, 40, for aggravated burglary, menacing by stalking and disrupting public service.
• On Tuesday, a deputy was made aware of subjects being threatened via text messages. Information was received that a Shelly L. Lahai-Carpenter, last known address Lord Street, Marietta, was sending threatening text messages regarding an inmate’s family members. A warrant will be issued for Lahai-Carpenter, 44, for menacing by stalking.
• Deputies began an investigation Dec. 27 into a bad check passed at the Caywood Christmas Tree Farm and Gift Shop. This case remains under investigation.
• Sherry Scoggan, of Broad Street, Macksburg, reported Dec. 27 that a Yeti cooler was stolen from the property. This case remains under investigation.
• Deputies responded to Wynncrest Drive in Warren Township Monday for a report of an underage drinking party. Contact was made with multiple people under the age of 21, admittedly consuming alcohol. Anthony Richard Avendano, 19, of 722 North Seventh St., Marietta, Daniel Joseph Long, 18, of 724 Fifth St., Marietta, and Cory Ray Warrener, 18, of 101 Dudley Ave., Marietta, will be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of underage consumption.
• On Wednesday, a deputy requested a summons be issued to Glen Owen Williams, of 520 High St., Macksburg, on a charge of failing to restrain his dog.
• Michael R Horner, of 600 Industrial Blvd., Wooster, failure to appear on a failure to reinstate license charge.
• Jeremy Lee Martin, of 8314 W. Miller Road, Malta, probation violation on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
• James Tyler Morgan, of 409 27th St., Vienna, probation violation on unauthorized use of a motor vehicle charge.
• Jeremy Michael Phipps, homeless, failure to appear on a criminal trespass charge.
• Trey Robert Rice, of 5999 N. Torch Road, Little Hocking, probation violation on a driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs charge.
The following people were recently processed into the Washington County Jail:
• Kristina Dawn Kirkbride, 40, of 440 Wentz Road, Marietta, was arrested for possessing drug abuse instruments, fictitious plates and OVI, all misdemeanors.
• Kenneth DeWayne Holbert, 40, of 407 Lord St., Marietta, was arrested for aggravated burglary, menacing by stalking and disrupting public service, all felonies.
• Christopher Robert Arnett, 36, of 1532 Hogan St., Portsmouth, was arrested for probation violation, a felony.
• Brandon James Payne, 28, of 259 Fork St., Nelsonville, was arrested for nonsupport of dependents.
• Kaitlin Nicole Pryor, 24, of 113 Elm Tree Drive, Parkersburg, was arrested for tampering with evidence, a felony.
• Nathan Lee Steele, 32, of 505 Wynncrest Drive, Marietta, was arrested for probation violation, a misdemeanor.